Da'Shawn Hand thread (2014 Prospect) - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Da'Shawn Hand thread (2014 Prospect)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Top 5 are Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, and Virginia Tech.

http://247sports.com...hawn-Hand-16094

Edited by bmccall, 13 February 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
South Carolina is said to be the early favorite solely due to the potential hilarity that would be the commitment day media article titles.

Here are some potential titles that I stole myself.

"South Carolina has a Cock in Hand"

"Cocks glad to have a Hand"

"Cocks and Hand; the Right Fit"

"Hand strengthens the Cocks"

Edited by bmccall, 12 February 2013 - 06:43 PM.

Like him

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let's go ahead and have the Mods merge this thread with the USC Recruiting thread because he is going to be a Gamecock. ;)

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Looks like this boy needs some heppin'
Formerly known as rebelfan91

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Way too early to tell, but he loves Alabama and Nick Saban. We haven't been able to get that big name power rusher obviously, so we'll see if the one thing Bama is lacking will finally come through. He fits the mold for a DE spot in our 3-4 and it's an easy sell since we're typically more in a 4-3/4-2 Nickle with the spread offenses hurrying up on our defense this past season.

Too much time between now and a year, but out of the past couple of big names, this guy has been the best fit for Bama size and potential wise.

Edited by Tider27, 13 February 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Visiting South Carolina this weekend for Junior day. Early leaders are said to be Virginia Tech and Michigan.

Like him

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 13 February 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Way too early to tell, but he loves Alabama and Nick Saban.  

Doesn't everyone???

The Garnet King

The Garnet King
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
More than likely will be a Hokie
Formerly known as The Clackster

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well I'd love to see this kid at SC but VT won't break my heart.
Posted Image

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
come on guys...enough with the speculation.  we all know he's gonna be a a gamecock and that he'll slide right in as a starter in place of clowney, once clowney departs for the nfl.
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Quote:
The nation's #1 rated player in the 2014 class, DE Da'Shawn Hand of Woodbridge, VA is in Columbia this weekend for his first visit to USC. Hand is participating in junior day activities and was at Saturday's practice and scrimmage at Williams-Brice Stadium. He spent a lot of his time at the scrimmage conversing with Gamecock All American DE Jadeveon Clowney who was held out of practice with a minor lower back injury. After the scrimmage, Hand walked off the field while in conversation with Gamecock defensive line coach Deke Adams. Hand is being joined on his trip his head coach Karibi Dede and former Spring Valley and Auburn linebacker Travis Williams who will be joining Dede's staff. Dede also played at Auburn. Speaking outside the stadium following the scrimmage, Dede said the visit was going well. Williams added that he was excited to have the chance to show Hand some of the high points of USC and Columbia. The trio will stay overnight in Columbia and will leave sometime after lunch on Sunday. Hand has had USC among his favorites along with Alabama, Florida, Michigan and Virginia Tech. Of that group, Florida is the only one he has not visited.

Link:http://www.goupstate....768/-1/psports

Quote:
DE Da'Shawn Hand of Woodbridge, VA, rated by some analysts as the #1 player in the class of 2014, wrapped up a two day visit to USC Sunday and had nothing but good things to say about his experience. "It was a great visit," Hand said. "Clowney is a fun guy, very genuine, very honest. I liked the entire coaching staff. The food was amazing. As far as football related facilities, every college has them, some are big and some are small, so that doesn't faze me anymore. The Dodie was very nice. I could see myself studying there." Hand has also visited Alabama, Michigan and Virginia Tech and will visit Florida at some point. That is by no means a list of finalists as he will likely visit others. And he's not ready to start formulating a favorites' list. "I'm not comparing and contrasting," Hand said. "I'll continue to take visits and then compare. I'm taking my time, having and enjoying my life." Hand was joined on the visit by his head coach Karibi Dede and by Dede's teammate at Auburn, former Spring Valley linebacker Travis Williams. "I thought it was a great visit," Dede said. "They did a really good job of giving a full picture of the program. He met with a professor about programs he's interested in and toured the campus. The opportunity to hang out with the players, and with Clowney, I thought that was a unique opportunity for him. He met with coach Spurrier. Coach ate lunch with Da'Shawn and I think it opened his eyes about how great a coach he is. And coach Adams, it's obvious the players love playing for coach Adams and coach Ward. It was a great opportunity to see a school that will be competitive and have a chance to win the (SEC) East." Dede said he will be working to get Hand to more schools he wants to visit including Florida and back to Alabama. Later this summer they will narrow the list to the final official visits. Dede can't say where USC fits in right now but the visit did nothing but help the Gamecocks in his opinion. "In terms of just South Carolina, it was just a smash hit."

Link:http://www.goupstate....756/-1/psports

Like him

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The nation’s top overall prospect, defensive end Da’Shawn Hand (Woodbridge, Va.) visited South Carolina during the weekend for the Gamecocks’ junior day. Hand had a good visit and spent time with another No. 1 prospect that also plays defensive end, Gamecocks All-American Jadeveon Clowney. Hand also met with Steve Spurrier and South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward.

Sources believe that the Gamecocks are legitimate contenders to land Hand, but that they very likely still trail frontrunners Michigan and Virginia Tech. Florida and Alabama round out Hand’s top five with North Carolina still in the mix to a certain extent.

South Carolina quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus, one of the top recruiters in the SEC, and first-year defensive line coach Deke Adams, are heading up Hand’s recruitment for the Gamecocks. A formidable duo indeed. 

Link: http://247sports.com....nd-more-125427

Like him

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Hand said he was ready to welcome all challengers.

"It fires me up," Hand said. "Everybody wants to knock me off the totem pole. I just came out to solidify why I am No. 1 and I am not worried about what anybody else has to think about me just as long as I'm satisfied with myself.

"A lot of people want to be No. 1 but they don't realize the work you have to put in and the sacrifices you have to make."

Hand played well in the skills portion of the camp and was the first player to have his Under Armour compression shirt torn off during one-on-one reps.

Rivals.com national analyst Mike Farrell said that what he saw from Hand on the day was about what he expected -- including the loss of clothing.

"Da'Shawn is just so fast and quick with his hands that kids have to hold him or get beat," Farrell said. "That is really what we saw today, he would have won all his reps easily if kids were dragging him down and holding him."

The battle in the trenches was physical and allowed for Hand to be judged side-by-side against Brown and Street.

Link:http://www.rivals.co...94975&PT=4&PR=2

Like him

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 10 April 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

come on guys...enough with the speculation.  we all know he's gonna be a a gamecock and that he'll slide right in as a starter in place of clowney, once clowney departs for the nfl.

Woah never saw this one coming

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NSD is still over 9 months away; this guy will be taking visits, naming leaders, making commitments, and likely decommitments as well for a long time yet.

I won't even bother to speculate where a top blue-chipper might end up this early.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image