Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

one helluva recruiter

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
#1 recruiting classes & BCS titles 3 out of the last 4 years.......pffffffff. not impressed. After all, it's at Alabama. And they lost a couple of gameas along the way too.  Pfffffffff Saban.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Over the 800,000 years i've watched college ball there have been several teams that just seemed they couldn't be beat. They would go 4 or 5 years of awesome. Alabama, under saban, has had the best run of that bunch. I've also noticed that teams seem to take on the personality of their fans. That may be our only hope over the next few years. Here are a few things i have said before on this site:

1 you can't out recruit saban
2 you won't out coach saban
3 you can on rare occasions out score saban

Last year's alabama team went farther than the extra mile during the off season. They did more than enough cause it is the first time saban was pleased. Once these kids take in the attitude of the fans that won't happen again. That isn't much of a weak link but it has to start somewhere.

Edited by bbqit, 13 February 2013 - 06:45 AM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 12 February 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Do not use the "S" word while talking to me.
And if you do, it's "Shula".
Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 13 February 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Over the 800,000 years i've watched college ball there have been several teams that just seemed they couldn't be beat. They would go 4 or 5 years of awesome. Alabama, under saban, has had the best run of that bunch. I've also noticed that teams seem to take on the personality of their fans. That may be our only hope over the next few years. Here are a few things i have said before on this site:

Last year's alabama team went farther than the extra mile during the off season. They did more than enough cause it is the first time saban was pleased. Once these kids take in the attitude of the fans that won't happen again. That isn't much of a weak link but it has to start somewhere.

All good things come to an end. But it won't end until Saban retires or loses some steam.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This does nothing to disprove that he made a deal with the Devil
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 13 February 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

This does nothing to disprove that he made a deal with the Devil
I think if anyone made a deal with the devil it was Les Miles.  How that grass-eating buffoon was able to win a national title with loses to Arkansas and Kentucky I'll never know.  If anything, recent events illustrate that Nick Saban IS the devil.  Maybe all of this is occurring because it's time for Miles to pay the piper.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 13 February 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

I think if anyone made a deal with the devil it was Les Miles.  How that grass-eating buffoon was able to win a national title with loses to Arkansas and Kentucky I'll never know.  If anything, recent events illustrate that Nick Saban IS the devil.  Maybe all of this is occurring because it's time for Miles to pay the piper.

Les made a deal 6 years ago.  Then, the Devil realized he was too dumb to understand what he was signing.  So he cancelled the contract and approached Saban with a new deal.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRodLovly, on 13 February 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

All good things come to an end. But it won't end until Saban retires or loses some steam.

true and i thought i might should clear up one thing i mentioned. i didn't want to sound disrespectful to the bama fans but when you win 3 ncs out of 4 yrs any fan base will become more relaxed than they should.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was dating this chick during my freshman year at Alabama (1981) and she got extremely frustrated after a number one ranked Alabama lost to Penn State.  During the middle of the rant, she says " I just don't understand why Alabama has to screw up and lose a game every year".

My jaw dropped.... mind you, I just moved from Tennessee and they were in deep misery (deja vu all over again) but I've never heard that said out loud before.  Alabama had just won 115 games over the last 10 years.

Edited by Noah, 14 February 2013 - 06:11 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 13 February 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

both spurrier and kevin sumlin accomplished #2 and #3 the last time the two teams played!  also, spurrier has beaten out saban for several recruits lately including one in alabama this past recruiting cycle!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 14 February 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

both spurrier and kevin sumlin accomplished #2 and #3 the last time the two teams played!  also, spurrier has beaten out saban for several recruits lately including one in alabama this past recruiting cycle!

fair enough but i said out recruit and saban is still number 1. become 1a and you still only tied him.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 14 February 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

fair enough but i said out recruit and saban is still number 1. become 1a and you still only tied him.

fair enough...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)