Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

2014 Rebel Football Commitments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

OlDirtyFaulkner

OlDirtyFaulkner
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ole Miss Class of 2014 Commitments

4-Star   S CJ Hampton (Rivals 250)
3-Star ATH  Ronald Walker
4-Star ATH  DK Buford  (Rivals 250)
3-Star OL   Tyler Putman
3-Star WR   DaYall Harris
4-Star TE Sammie Epps
4-Star LB Demarques Gates (Rivals 250)
NR   ATH  Jeremy Liggins  (JuCo)
3-Star DT Jamiyus Pittman
3-Star ATH  Alvin Moore
NR   ATH  Calvin Moore
3-Star   S Alfred Dickens
4-Star  RB   Akeem Judd  (#1 JuCo RB)
3-Star  TE   Charles Standberry
3-Star  QB   Kendrick Doss
4-Star  OL   Rod Taylor (Rivals 100)
3-Star DE/LB Victor Evans
4-Star DT   Chris Williams
4-Star DL  Breeland Speaks
4-Star CB   Kendarius Webster
3-Star K  Gary Wunderlich (Nations #1 Kicker)
4-Star WR  Markell Pack

2013 Greyshirt
NR   P   Will Gleeson  (Australia)

Edited by OlDirtyFaulkner , 22 November 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VARebel

VARebel
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdomains1, on 10 February 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Should start one now I guess @GoldenRebel  can do it since he is Mod. Ronald Walker and CJ Hampton so far and supposedly we are getting a commit very soon I think Thursday

Knew about Hampton...not sure Ive looked into Walker. I know we have offered LBs Clifton Garret and Nyles Morgan. Both are high 4*s...highly possible that one or perhaps both make the jump to 5*. Morgan is the top LB in Illinois and went to school with our boy Megaquan Fedwell.
There is a valid distinction between The University and Ole Miss even though the separate threads are closely interwoven.The University is buildings, trees and people. Ole Miss is mood, emotion and personality. One is physical, and the other is spiritual. One is tangible, and the other intangible.The University is respected, but Ole Miss is loved. The University gives a diploma and regretfully terminates tenure, but one never graduates from Ole Miss.

- Frank E. Everett Jr.

OlDirtyFaulkner

OlDirtyFaulkner
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVARebel, on 11 February 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

Knew about Hampton...not sure Ive looked into Walker. I know we have offered LBs Clifton Garret and Nyles Morgan. Both are high 4*s...highly possible that one or perhaps both make the jump to 5*. Morgan is the top LB in Illinois and went to school with our boy Megaquan Fedwell.
  Ronald Walker is a beast.  He is a Safety/LB type attends Calloway HS teammates with Roderick Taylor and Breeland Speaks which have also been offered.   Rod Taylor will be the top player in MS for 2014 i'd bet.

Yea those two LB's will be some of the national targets the staff pursues. MS will produce a couple good ones Shareef White from Grenada will have offers from most SEC schools after summer camps. Kid is a beast we should land him.

Edited by domains1, 11 February 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Here you go guys.  NSD is less than a year away.

VARebel

VARebel
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdomains1, on 11 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Ronald Walker is a beast.  He is a Safety/LB type attends Calloway HS teammates with Roderick Taylor and Breeland Speaks which have also been offered.   Rod Taylor will be the top player in MS for 2014 i'd bet.

Yea those two LB's will be some of the national targets the staff pursues. MS will produce a couple good ones Shareef White from Grenada will have offers from most SEC schools after summer camps. Kid is a beast we should land him.

I watched some video of Walker....guy is a stud...really brings the wood. Hampton looks like he'd be a great center fielder....can really cover some ground...both good all around players. I am by no means an expert but Walker seems a little light to be an LB in the SEC...projects to DB in college?

I've heard Taylor will be a battle between us and Alabama but its def early.

Is it possible to get the first post to stay updated with the players that commit for 2014?
There is a valid distinction between The University and Ole Miss even though the separate threads are closely interwoven.The University is buildings, trees and people. Ole Miss is mood, emotion and personality. One is physical, and the other is spiritual. One is tangible, and the other intangible.The University is respected, but Ole Miss is loved. The University gives a diploma and regretfully terminates tenure, but one never graduates from Ole Miss.

- Frank E. Everett Jr.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And here I was thinking we were done with recruiting talk for awhile.
Formerly known as rebelfan91

OlDirtyFaulkner

OlDirtyFaulkner
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yea @GoldenRebel   Do it Cianne style with commits pinned in the first post. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 11 February 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

And here I was thinking we were done with recruiting talk for awhile.
We are; trash-talking our rival's recruiting anyway. :trollface:

Now time to move forward. In regards to Shareef White, I saw him play last year, and was quite impressed. I intend to go see the Chargers play again this fall.

(9) Ole Miss Rebels  9-3  (5-3)

RIP #DakAttack

RIP State's Playoff hopes

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remotely care about the EB trophy. And, yes, I am completely serious.

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

VARebel

VARebel
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 12 February 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

We are; trash-talking our rival's recruiting anyway. :trollface:

Now time to move forward. In regards to Shareef White, I saw him play last year, and was quite impressed. I intend to go see the Chargers play again this fall.

I've seen it mentioned that Shareef is an early State lean...dunno about the validity of that but ive heard it. Im biased of course, but after the year we've had on the field and in recruiting I find it bizzare that anyone in the state of MS would chose state over UM.

Id love to get all the DBs and LBs out of MS this year considering its a position of need. Does DK project to a DB?

- Frank E. Everett Jr.

OlDirtyFaulkner

OlDirtyFaulkner
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVARebel, on 12 February 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

I've seen it mentioned that Shareef is an early State lean...dunno about the validity of that but ive heard it. Im biased of course, but after the year we've had on the field and in recruiting I find it bizzare that anyone in the state of MS would chose state over UM.

Id love to get all the DBs and LBs out of MS this year considering its a position of need. Does DK project to a DB?
  Shareef White is an Ole Miss lean, grew up an Ole Miss fan.   The other Grenada LB Genard Avery grew up a State kid.   So they say..

Very early prediciton on who we land from MS:
DK Buford
CJ Hampton
Roderick Taylor
Breeland Speak
Ronald Walker
Markell Pack
Shareef White
Curtis Akins
LaDarius Gallion
Tyler Putman

DK Buford is being recruited as a Slot Receiver / RB.  They're going to use the Dan Mullen pitch of "Percy Harvin" with him probably. :D

Edited by domains1, 12 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VARebel

VARebel
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdomains1, on 12 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Shareef White is an Ole Miss lean, grew up an Ole Miss fan.   The other Grenada LB Genard Avery grew up a State kid.   So they say..

Very early prediciton on who we land from MS:
DK Buford
CJ Hampton
Roderick Taylor
Breeland Speak
Ronald Walker
Markell Pack
Shareef White
Curtis Akins
LaDarius Gallion
Tyler Putman

DK Buford is being recruited as a Slot Receiver / RB.  They're going to use the Dan Mullen pitch of "Percy Harvin" with him probably. :D

Thats an exceptional list. It will be fun to see how they move around in the rankings as their senior years progress. Hampton, Buford, and Taylor are in Rivals top 250...its been prognosticated that Taylor could climb very high...into top 100...not there now due to the current lack of film on him...supposed to be, far and away, the best player in the state...a battle between us and Bama. Heard good things about Speak and Pack as well...need to look into them next.

- Frank E. Everett Jr.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVARebel, on 12 February 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Grenada is Ole Miss territory, for the most part. That will help us tremendously. Quite a few OM boosters around Grenada.
Anything south of Grenada is predominately State territory, starting with Duck Hill and Winona.

I don't know about DK; I've not started keeping up with the new recruiting season yet, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

(9) Ole Miss Rebels  9-3  (5-3)

RIP #DakAttack

RIP State's Playoff hopes

View Post1dawgfan09, on 09 December 2014 - 03:27 PM, said:

I don't remotely care about the EB trophy. And, yes, I am completely serious.

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

VARebel

VARebel
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 12 February 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Grenada is Ole Miss territory, for the most part. That will help us tremendously. Quite a few OM boosters around Grenada.
Anything south of Grenada is predominately State territory, starting with Duck Hill and Winona.

I don't know about DK; I've not started keeping up with the new recruiting season yet, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Domain mentioned he's being recruited as a slot guy/ percy harvin type.

- Frank E. Everett Jr.

OlDirtyFaulkner

OlDirtyFaulkner
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Speaking of DK Buford.. He just committed to Ole Miss. Great early pick up! Getting the #1 player in MS this early is pretty big..

Edited by domains1, 12 February 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VARebel

VARebel
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Good news! I heard Hampton just got offered from Stanford today too. Im really high on him...we are gonna be fighting off other schools for him all year long.

- Frank E. Everett Jr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users