Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

AT&T U-verse??

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 10 February 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

It's funny that some day soon you guys will look back at this thread and think how archeic(sp) all this was.Technology pushes forward.

Well yeah, I'm hoping for nationwide wifi within a few years.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Used to work for comcast. U-verse can stream i believe 16 mbps download which is more than enough for netflix. I hate comcast as well but running fiber its hard to beat their speed compared to an ancient phone line that U verse uses.

I only keep comcast because i get ESPNU for college football

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 13 February 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Used to work for comcast. U-verse can stream i believe 16 mbps download which is more than enough for netflix. I hate comcast as well but running fiber its hard to beat their speed compared to an ancient phone line that U verse uses.

I only keep comcast because i get ESPNU for college football
U-verse has ESPNU

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJL 103, on 13 February 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

U-verse has ESPNU
Do they really? Asking because Direct TV and DishNetwork dont have it because COmcast is charging them out the azz for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 14 February 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Do they really? Asking because Direct TV and DishNetwork dont have it because COmcast is charging them out the azz for it.

Yep, I've got all the ESPN channels, including ESPNU, with the U200 package, which is a lower-end package. The only package lower than U200 (U100) does not have it, I believe. But U200, 300, and 450 have the ESPN family.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 February 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Yep, I've got all the ESPN channels, including ESPNU, with the U200 package, which is a lower-end package. The only package lower than U200 (U100) does not have it, I believe. But U200, 300, and 450 have the ESPN family.
Really. They have dvr service and all that too? Do you need home phone or their internet?

Posted Image

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 14 February 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Really. They have dvr service and all that too? Do you need home phone or their internet?

They have whole-home DVR, meaning you have 1 DVR box, but every other box in the house can set up recordings as well as watch what is recorded on the DVR, so essentially every box is a DVR.

And it's just like Comcast, you can pick and choose what services you want. I just have TV and internet, but I could easily add home phone as well, or I could drop one if I decided to use another company for TV or internet.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 February 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

They have whole-home DVR, meaning you have 1 DVR box, but every other box in the house can set up recordings as well as watch what is recorded on the DVR, so essentially every box is a DVR.

And it's just like Comcast, you can pick and choose what services you want. I just have TV and internet, but I could easily add home phone as well, or I could drop one if I decided to use another company for TV or internet.
THat sounds interesting. I just need TV since i have COmcast Business internet on a seperate account.

How much you pay a month if you dont mind my asking

Posted Image

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 14 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

THat sounds interesting. I just need TV since i have COmcast Business internet on a seperate account.

How much you pay a month if you dont mind my asking

$170/mo for 3 HD boxes w/ 1 DVR and 12mb internet. Uverse also is very lenient with offering discounts as well as extending discounts once they've expired if you ask. For 6 months I paid $134 for the same service, and then for 6 months after that I paid $155. I'm just now paying the full rate.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 February 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

$170/mo for 3 HD boxes w/ 1 DVR and 12mb internet. Uverse also is very lenient with offering discounts as well as extending discounts once they've expired if you ask. For 6 months I paid $134 for the same service, and then for 6 months after that I paid $155. I'm just now paying the full rate.
Thats not bad. I pay 150 a month for internet and cable and another 65 for biz internet

Have you ever had Comcast TV?

Posted Image

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 14 February 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Thats not bad. I pay 150 a month for internet and cable and another 65 for biz internet

Have you ever had Comcast TV?

Not on my own, no. But when I lived at home I did, and when I lived in the dorms at Bama I did, and my parents still have it.

It wasn't bad, but in our area we are prone to some issues that I chalk up to Comcast in Memphis and not Comcast in general. I just think that it has better features than Comcast TV. For instance, (and this first one is a super small feature) but when you use the guide, you have a small PIP-like window of what's on the channel you are currently selecting (Comcast has the small PIP window, but it shows you what you are currently watching), but instead of the generic blue background that Comcast has around that PIP window, Uverse has a slightly faded video of what is still on the channel you are currently watching. So, for instance, if I am on Comedy Central watching South Park, and I pull up the guide and browse to CBS to see if How I Met Your Mother is on, then I will see HIMYM live in the small window, but still have South Park in the background in real time. Like I said, it's a small feature, but it's a nice feature.

The main reason I like Uverse TV over Comcast is because with the DVR you can record up to 5 shows at once (or 4 shows and watch 1).

Another huge plus for Uverse over Comcast is the ability to have wireless boxes (this might require Uverse internet, I am not 100% sure. Might want to look more into it before you base your decision around this feature). Basically, instead of plugging my HD box into a cable jack, this picks up the cable signal over my wireless internet, so I can hook it up to any TV, regardless of whether I have a cable jack there or not. For me this is huge, as I have several rooms in my house that I don't necessarily want a dedicated TV, as it might not get used hardly ever (guest bedroom, music room, back patio), so if I get 1 wireless box, I can just bring a spare TV into that room when I want to watch TV there, but the rest of the time I can use that TV and box somewhere else. Super convenient.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Directv and most every service has ESPNU.

RTR
Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 February 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Not on my own, no. But when I lived at home I did, and when I lived in the dorms at Bama I did, and my parents still have it.

It wasn't bad, but in our area we are prone to some issues that I chalk up to Comcast in Memphis and not Comcast in general. I just think that it has better features than Comcast TV. For instance, (and this first one is a super small feature) but when you use the guide, you have a small PIP-like window of what's on the channel you are currently selecting (Comcast has the small PIP window, but it shows you what you are currently watching), but instead of the generic blue background that Comcast has around that PIP window, Uverse has a slightly faded video of what is still on the channel you are currently watching. So, for instance, if I am on Comedy Central watching South Park, and I pull up the guide and browse to CBS to see if How I Met Your Mother is on, then I will see HIMYM live in the small window, but still have South Park in the background in real time. Like I said, it's a small feature, but it's a nice feature.

The main reason I like Uverse TV over Comcast is because with the DVR you can record up to 5 shows at once (or 4 shows and watch 1).

Another huge plus for Uverse over Comcast is the ability to have wireless boxes (this might require Uverse internet, I am not 100% sure. Might want to look more into it before you base your decision around this feature). Basically, instead of plugging my HD box into a cable jack, this picks up the cable signal over my wireless internet, so I can hook it up to any TV, regardless of whether I have a cable jack there or not. For me this is huge, as I have several rooms in my house that I don't necessarily want a dedicated TV, as it might not get used hardly ever (guest bedroom, music room, back patio), so if I get 1 wireless box, I can just bring a spare TV into that room when I want to watch TV there, but the rest of the time I can use that TV and box somewhere else. Super convenient.

Just checked its not availible in my area yea. Def looks cool tho.

Posted Image

Posted Image

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 14 February 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

When my wife and I moved, they have me that $130 deal again. It's awesome.

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJL 103, on 14 February 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

When my wife and I moved, they gave me that $130 deal again. It's awesome.