Do you think Driskel will VASTLY improve? - Florida Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Do you think Driskel will VASTLY improve?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think he will, because the incoming receivers and I think Kent Taylor is better than Jordan Reed.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think he'll improve but I'm not sure how vast it will be.

He looked pretty good most of the season, but was beyond awful in the Georgia and Louisville games.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He has a high ceiling. Not sure if he has the football IQ or not to meet his hype coming into Florida though. Strong arm and criminally athletic for a bigger quarterback
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 09 February 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

He has a high ceiling. Not sure if he has the football IQ or not to meet his hype coming into Florida though. Strong arm and criminally athletic for a bigger quarterback

I think he can get better each year.
He was an animal in high school but his competition was next to nothing.
I'm thinking he had a longer adjustment period because of that.

UF_alum

UF_alum
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think he has a lot of potential, which was evident in the Tennessee and aTm game.  However, sometimes he just makes me wonder if he is good enough.  There are two things I only know for sure: 1) he's better than Brantley, and 2) we are now stuck with Driskel.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There's one thing primarily holding Driskel back besides Driskel; and it's our turrible OL.

Past 2 years they were too small and spread-oriented and it showed on the stat sheet.

Champ was asked where the Gators need to improve in the offseason during one of his post NSD interviews; and 1 thing he said was the passing game, specifically the vertical game... and he said he thought we'd addressed it well with the 5 incoming WR's as well as the 6 incoming OL.

He also said the OL already on the team were working hard and getting bigger under Dillman.

The entire offense will actually be spending their 2nd year with the same OC for a change, too, so I'm optimistic we'll see some better passing numbers this year.
Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think he will get better, but I hope he doesent, well atleast not at WLCP anyway. The rest of the year he can blow things up. I have been really suprised that he didnt make a bigger & more immediate impact !  When he first signed, I saw some films on him & was pretty blown away. I thought he was going to be a Danny Worffel & Tebow combined.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If the O Line made the kind of improvement in that one short offseason, Im excited to see how well they improve in the 2nd year under Davis and Dillman. Demarcus Robinson is a stud and being on campus early is huge. Lets just hope he doesnt end up like Pittman and other "King's of Spring" and look great in the spring and blow it when fall comes around.

Im really glad Brisset is out because now Jeff doesnt have to share half the reps. He can stay in there 90% of the time and improve that way as well.

But Im real excited. Robinson, Dunbar, Fulwood and Patton/Debose/Pittman/Andrades should be a good reciever rotation. Colin Thompson and Kent Taylor would be amazing in 2 TE sets, and Matt Jones and Kelvin Taylor could be a 2 headed monster that really takes some pressure of Driskel. I really cant wait for spring ball and going to the O&B debut.

Edited by ShaunMac, 13 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I want 2 TE sets so bad.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 13 February 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

I want 2 TE sets so bad.

I know Im right there with you. They play different styles than each other but they remind me of Gronkowski and Hernandez, the more traditional(thompson) and the guy you can play on the line, in the backfield and the slot (taylor)
Posted Image