Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Todd Grantham gone?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPork Rinds, on 05 February 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

I thought some UGA fans are unhappy with Grantham?

Some of us have unrealistic expectations after Van Gorder's run here.

The thing is though, offenses have changed so much in the last 8-9 years, it's almost impossible to replicate that success unless your name is Nick Saban.

That said, I thought our defense should have been a little better this year, but the defense alone didn't cost any games, which is much more than can be said about Willie Martinez's defenses. I'm not going to be picky with a 12-2 season when I was thinking 9-10 wins before the season.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Who are possible replacements if Grantham leaves? Kirby Smart? I mean Garner is gone now...

Coach Belin? He kicked ass when he was here

Lorenzo Ward?

IDK
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Lorenzo Ward?

Nah...Ward probably feels he has a decent shot to interview for HC at SC when Spurrier retires.

Not saying it would happen, but would make sense that he'd be given an interview.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Dude, on 07 February 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Nah...Ward probably feels he has a decent shot to interview for HC at SC when Spurrier retires.

Not saying it would happen, but would make sense that he'd be given an interview.

I mean if he was a DC at Georgia and was successful here too he'd obviously still be interviewed at South Carolina. We currently pay Grantham 60% more than Ward is being paid.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 07 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 February 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

I mean if he was a DC at Georgia and was successful here too he'd obviously still be interviewed at South Carolina. We currently pay Grantham 60% more than Ward is being paid.

And if UGA came calling, USC would pony up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As far as CTG goes...if he indeed doesn't whole heartedly want to be then I say git! lol

It's one thing to take advantage of a job promotion if it comes up but to be constantly looking for something else just doesn't sit right with me.  I'd much rather have someone who was fully invested in UGA and not just waiting for something better to come along.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wouldn't mind BVG if he got a shave and a haircut
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 07 February 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind BVG if he got a shave and a haircut

Please no. He is the ultimate job hopper and opportunist. Plus I'm starting to be convinced his defenses weren't even that amazing. He had LUDICROUS levels of talent when he coached here.
Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Per ESPN

A day after interviewing with the New Orleans Saints for their defensive coordinator's job, Todd Grantham withdrew his name from consideration and said Friday he's staying at Georgia as the Bulldogs' defensive coordinator.

Grantham issued a news release that read: "I want to thank Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints organization for the opportunity to interview and get to know them. They are a first-class organization in every respect. As I said Wednesday, Georgia is a great place, my family loves it here, and I do as well. This is where our heart is. I'm excited to start preparations for another season, and along with the rest of our defensive staff, look forward to coaching some really good returning players as well as developing some very talented newcomers."

Grantham had said Wednesday following Mark Richt's post-signing day news conference that he expected to be at Georgia next season. Grantham has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave without any kind of financial penalty for an NFL coordinator's job or college head coaching job. Grantham was the Cleveland Browns' defensive coordinator in 2008-09. He'd coached in the NFL for 11 seasons before coming to Georgia in 2011.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Translation:  Grantham wasn't offered an NFL DC job.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 February 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Please no. He is the ultimate job hopper and opportunist. Plus I'm starting to be convinced his defenses weren't even that amazing. He had LUDICROUS levels of talent when he coached here.
shit by that logic lets bring back donnan.

just recruit the Posted Image out of everybody

Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Too late--CTG turned the job down !!!