Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2013 G Day

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know I'm incredibly early but I was thinking of taking my family to our first G Day game this year. I wondered if some of you had been before and could help me get an idea on how it works.

Is there a charge to attend?
How is the parking?
How much fun is it?
Is there any access to players and/or coaches?

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've been a few times, I always have a good time.

No, there is no entry fee, however they do ask folks to bring a canned good item to collect at the gates to help supply the homeless shelters in Athens. They won't turn you away if you don't bring one though.

Parking is free as well and there's never an issue finding some, as you can park in any of the nearby decks or lots, IIRC.

If the weather is nice, it's a great time. You can enjoy some time on campus, some football for as long as you wish (it's a glorified scrimmage so it depends on how long that can hold your interest) and sometimes UGA baseball home games will fall on the same day so you can get events in on the same day.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 04 February 2013 - 08:50 PM.

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nice, I'll definitely be looking into going. I haven't been to Athens since 2005 so I figure it's about time. Thanks for the info.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wonder how attendance would be if for ONE YEAR we had it on a nice day, not on Easter weekend, and not on Masters weekend.....

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 04 February 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

I wonder how attendance would be if for ONE YEAR we had it on a nice day, not on Easter weekend, and not on Masters weekend.....

Supposed to be the week before the Masters this year, seems smart. That's a tournament I wouldn't compete with lol.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sounds like a great time. I am going to try and make the UGA vs USC game this year. First time to Athens.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 February 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Sounds like a great time. I am going to try and make the UGA vs USC game this year. First time to Athens.

I've only been to one game, but it was incredible. My wife and I got tickets as an anniversary gift and its been the best gift I've gotten.

I'm actually working on plans to get to Jax this year with my brother-in-law too. Hope we can make that work.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDGD, on 04 February 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

I've only been to one game, but it was incredible. My wife and I got tickets as an anniversary gift and its been the best gift I've gotten.

I'm actually working on plans to get to Jax this year with my brother-in-law too. Hope we can make that work.
Give me a call if you do. If your looking to party you'll fit right in at our tailgate.  We pretty much go crazy for UGA vs UF. Drinks, liquor pong, grilling, more drinking and busting Gayta fans balls that there Muschump can touch Richt. Lol. The I hose the with champagne after the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 February 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Give me a call if you do. If your looking to party you'll fit right in at our tailgate.  We pretty much go crazy for UGA vs UF. Drinks, liquor pong, grilling, more drinking and busting Gayta fans balls that there Muschump can touch Richt. Lol. The I hose the with champagne after the game.

LoL, I doubt I could keep up. Haven't drank in years but have nothing against having a great time. Will let you know if it works out.

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 February 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I usually hit at least 3 a year.  Oh man you're gonna have fun.  Hopefully we revenge the debacle in Columbia last year.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 February 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

If I'm still around in October you need to holler at your boy up here too now.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostChainsaw Massaquoi, on 04 February 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

I usually hit at least 3 a year.  Oh man you're gonna have fun.  Hopefully we revenge the debacle in Columbia last year.

View PostDGD, on 04 February 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

LoL, I doubt I could keep up. Haven't drank in years but have nothing against having a great time. Will let you know if it works out.

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 04 February 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

If I'm still around in October you need to holler at your boy up here too now.

Sounds good fellas. I start planning the tailgate on October 1st. Usually challenge some Gayta fans to some liquor pong. Fiancée makes 100 epic Jell-O shots for breakfast. With plenty of stuff to chase it with

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 February 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Sounds good fellas. I start planning the tailgate on October 1st. Usually challenge some Gayta fans to some liquor pong. Fiancée makes 100 epic Jell-O shots for breakfast. With plenty of stuff to chase it with

That'd be baller.  Never been to Jax for the game.  The only game I've been to outside of Athens is Auburn.  Going to Clemson to burn that down this year though.

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
WSP is playing Athens that day.

Posted Image