Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Discuss

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 02 February 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

But the original post was a little dumb. It's a wash. To say one has more potential than the other is just throwing darts blindfolded.

Got us talking about it.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 02 February 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Well. The fact is. We say it's a wash, but yet you want to try and say Jones has more potential, because you're getting him. Fact is, both have a super high ceiling. Nkemdiche is more ready to play a college down right now, CJ more raw
Yeah, but both have talent. That's the key. You can fix raw. Oh, and I fixed this post for you.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 02 February 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I would think you would realize this, but you're counting your eggs way before they hatch. I guess you don't realize it though lol
I was just making an age old observation. You can't give em talent if they aint got it. Both have it. I realize that. :trollface:

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 02 February 2013 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I dont think Jones has the work ethic to be that good.  Always felt that way.  A year ago he was a nobody due to being out of shape, slow, and lazy.  It's in his blood.  Another Renardo Sidney in the making here

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Both are really good prospects. Nkia;eia;dslkjga;ldsgj will be a hoss from day 1 when he steps on campus, from what I have seen of him IMHFO. I really think he will be like Fletcher Cox and grow into a balanced, play making DT who can pass rush, plug holes, et al.

Jones looks SUPER raw. But from what I saw of him, the kid gets UNREAL pass rush and he doesn't have a single finesse move. He may not make a ton of plays as a freshman, but when he learns how to use his hands he looks to me like he has first round potential for sure.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
if jones can put up those kind of numbers and cause that much disruption in a raw form, imagine him with some technique and increased speed and mass.......boom....shit just got real.
Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

Posted Image

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 02 February 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I dont think Jones has the work ethic to be that good.  Always felt that way.  A year ago he was a nobody due to being out of shape, slow, and lazy.  It's in his blood.  Another Renardo Sidney in the making here

The difference is Jones put in the work and lost the weight to produce stardom. Sidney did the exact opposite.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jones is the most raw 5 star I have ever seen.  His technique coaching has been laughable up to this point.  Knemdashian$);,!$;. Has near flawless technique from day one.

Who knows who will be better, CJ has a lot of work to do to even start.  He'll play for sure but he needs months of technique coaching before he'll be able to do much.

That being said, one of the highest ceilings I've seen in a long time.