Reuben foster sets decision date - Page 4 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Reuben foster sets decision date

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 05 February 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Pretty much, and Dismukes was right, other than the alleged racist remark.

Can't disagree there, not really sure I want Foster in T-town...but we'll take em'.

View PostTheRealBrave, on 05 February 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Not hating, was saying Alabama under Saban has been sending loads of players to the NFL but they haven't been meeting expectations.

Damn man, Cody and Upshaw starting on a Super Bowl team not good enough? Maybe Richardson managing to break Jim Brown's rookie rushing records on a pitiful team? All the while with broken ribs the whole season. Pretty sure if Ingram got the touches in NO's backfield, he would at least have a shot to be relevant. Hightower sure looked good with the Pats this year also.

Oh, and then there's Julio...who went beast mode in the playoffs but of course the Falcons choked. I don't think they've underperformed, but they haven't exactly wowed either.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 05 February 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Can't disagree there, not really sure I want Foster in T-town...but we'll take em'.

Damn man, Cody and Upshaw starting on a Super Bowl team not good enough? Maybe Richardson managing to break Jim Brown's rookie rushing records on a pitiful team? All the while with broken ribs the whole season. Pretty sure if Ingram got the touches in NO's backfield, he would at least have a shot to be relevant. Hightower sure looked good with the Pats this year also.

Oh, and then there's Julio...who went beast mode in the playoffs but of course the Falcons choked. I don't think they've underperformed, but they haven't exactly wowed either.

Yeah, I'm not saying they suck. Just saying they've haven't really been off the charts amazing or anything. Ingram is frustrating as a Saints fan because he shows the occasional sign of greatness. He just isn't the best back on the team yet though.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When you consider NFL talent the average career length, and etc it is very difficult to blow the doors off.  You get guys like the Mannings, Favre, Aikman etc who stay in for 10 + and it is very difficult to crack the lineup.  There re only 32 teams and new guys are constantly pouring in.  Everyone who plays in the NFL is a BA or they get cut.  That's just how it is.  You'd have to throw out some serious stats to say something relevant about the success of college athletes in the NFL.

A lot of Saban's guys get high marks for work ethic technique and etc perhaps inflating their draft rank over more gifted players.  You might could make a statement like that.

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 05 February 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm not saying they suck. Just saying they've haven't really been off the charts amazing or anything. Ingram is frustrating as a Saints fan because he shows the occasional sign of greatness. He just isn't the best back on the team yet though.
Damn Brave, you want HOF numbers from the get go ?
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 05 February 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Not hating, was saying Alabama under Saban has been sending loads of players to the NFL but they haven't been meeting expectations.

Whose expectations? You have to remember what they are walking into... seasoned veterans, and they will quietly prove it. These guys were the cream of the college crop and have loads of professional experience now. If you can step into that crowd and play competitively, well, not too bad.
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 05 February 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

I think the more touches Ingram gets the more productive he is. But in that offense I actually feel bad for Ingram.

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 05 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

I think the more touches Ingram gets the more productive he is. But in that offense I actually feel bad for Ingram.

I wouldnt worry about it much.  I hear he gives great speeches and interviews.

And his dad is in jail......   Happy national signing day eve   Posted Imageers

Edited by AUskip07, 05 February 2013 - 08:33 PM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well you have the stars in Julio Jones who is a top 5 WR in the NFL imo and after that....

the guys in the past rookie class doing work:
Courtney Upshaw a good player on the Super Bowl winning team.  Dont'a Hightower stepping up as the leader on that New England defense.  Mark Barron having a pretty good rookie year on a rebuilding Tampa Bay team.  Dre Kirkpatrick had a rough year but that was due to injuries and a crowded DB depth chart.  Oh and then Trent Richardson breaking some Jim Brown records with broken ribs for a decent chunk of the season...no big deal.

then you have the young players a few years in:
Mark Ingram finally getting more touches and think he led New Orleans in rushing this year, not his fault the system is all about Brees and scat backs.  Javier Arenas a good starting CB for the Chiefs so far.  Terrence Cody, see Upshaw.  Marcell Dareus, I honestly don't know because I haven't seen a Bills game in forever so tried to do some looking around and he's been pretty good for Buffalo.  Kareem Jackson improved big time this year and became a very good player on that Houston defense.  Andre Smith has been injured for most of his career and did well in his first fully healthy season, probably getting an extension.  DeMeco Ryans is one of the top LB's.  

the vets:
Roman Harper is a big hitter on the Saints but starting to decline a bit.  Then you have some other guys like Johnson and Anderson that have had solid NFL careers so far and some other guys being good rotational guys as well like a Peprah.

this upcoming rookie class:
Chance Warmack ranked as the top OG, Lacy a late 1st/early 2nd player, Milliner going top 15 right now, Fluker going late 1st/early 2nd, Barrett Jones 2nd, and Jesse Williams going around the 2nd round.

I think Bama has done pretty well so far if you ask me.  A lot of contributing rookies, some super bowl rings, other players with some nice careers, and then these upcoming guys should be pretty good as well.  Not everyone is going to be a super star or always win every game but they are making an impact in an nfl so not sure why someone would question that.  We're doing better than most and to think before Saban there was hardly any NFL talent.
Posted Image

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostSECorBust, on 05 February 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

When you consider NFL talent the average career length, and etc it is very difficult to blow the doors off.  You get guys like the Mannings, Favre, Aikman etc who stay in for 10 + and it is very difficult to crack the lineup.  There re only 32 teams and new guys are constantly pouring in.  Everyone who plays in the NFL is a BA or they get cut.  That's just how it is.  You'd have to throw out some serious stats to say something relevant about the success of college athletes in the NFL.

A lot of Saban's guys get high marks for work ethic technique and etc perhaps inflating their draft rank over more gifted players.  You might could make a statement like that.

ya know...as long as praise goes to the almighty saban *eyeroll
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 05 February 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Not really, winning doesn't stop Alabama boosters.

I'm not one to say Bama doesn't pay or have their ways of making players happy, but there certainly aren't any more rouge boosters. The things Saban would do to that one poor soul that decides to fawk up...

Posted Image