Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Projecting the Gators Depth Chart

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Assuming Recruiting stays the same, and no surprises happen, heres how I think the Depth Chart will look going into Spring Ball and the Fall season

Offense-

QB- Jeff Driskel

RB-Matt Jones
FB-Hunter Joyer
TE-Trey Burton
WR-Quinton Dunbar
WR-Demarcus Robinson

LT-DJ Humphries
LG-Max Garcia
C-Jonotthon Harrison
RG-Jon Halapio
RT-Chaz Green

Key Backups-
RB-Kelvin Taylor
TE-Colin Thompson, Kent Taylor, Clay Burton
WR-Ahmad Fulwood, Solomon Patton, Alvin Bailey, Andre Debose, Latroy Pittman
OL-Kyle Koehne, Ian Silberman, Trent Brown(6'8 350) & Tyler Moore(6'6 300) These two combine giving new meaning to the Jumbo Package

Defense-

DE-Jonathan Bullard
DT-Dominique Easly
NT-Damien Jacobs/Leon Orr
Buck-Ronald Powell

WLB-Neiron Ball/Daniel McMillian/Darrin Kitchens
MLB-Antonio Morrison/Alex Anzalone
SLB-Daniel McMillian/Antonio Morrison

CB-Vernon Hargaves/Marcus Roberson
S-Brian Poole
S-Marcell Harris
CB-Loucheiz Purifoy/Marcus Roberson

Key Backups-

DL-Dante Fowler Jr, Darious Cummings, Brian Cox Jr.,Quinteze Williams, Caleb Brantley
LB'S-Jeremi Powell, Michael Taylor, Any Linebacker Above who doesnt win the starting job.
DB's-Jabari Gorman, Cody Riggs, Valdez Showers, Marcus Maye

Any objections or comments?

Edited by ShaunMac, 01 February 2013 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image

gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 01 February 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Assuming Recruiting stays the same, and no surprises happen, heres how I think the Depth Chart will look going into Spring Ball and the Fall season

Offense-

QB- Jeff Driskel

RB-Matt Jones
FB-Hunter Joyer
TE-Trey Burton
WR-Quinton Dunbar
WR-Demarcus Robinson

LT-DJ Humphries
LG-Max Garcia
C-Jonotthon Harrison
RG-Jon Halapio
RT-Chaz Green

Key Backups-
RB-Kelvin Taylor
TE-Colin Thompson, Kent Taylor, Clay Burton
WR-Ahmad Fulwood, Solomon Patton, Alvin Bailey, Andre Debose, Latroy Pittman
OL-Kyle Koehne, Ian Silberman, Trent Brown(6'8 350) & Tyler Moore(6'6 300) These two combine giving new meaning to the Jumbo Package

Defense-

DE-Jonathan Bullard
DT-Dominique Easly
NT-Damien Jacobs/Leon Orr
Buck-Ronald Powell

WLB-Neiron Ball/Daniel McMillian/Darrin Kitchens
MLB-Antonio Morrison/Alex Anzalone
SLB-Daniel McMillian/Antonio Morrison

CB-Vernon Hargaves/Marcus Roberson
S-Brian Poole
S-Marcell Harris
CB-Loucheiz Purifoy/Marcus Roberson

Key Backups-

DL-Dante Fowler Jr, Darious Cummings, Brian Cox Jr.,Quinteze Williams, Caleb Brantley
LB'S-Jeremi Powell, Michael Taylor, Any Linebacker Above who doesnt win the starting job.
DB's-Jabari Gorman, Cody Riggs, Valdez Showers, Marcus Maye

Any objections or comments?

Why do you think Trey Burton would be our starting TE? I also think that Michael Taylor wins a starting job, likely MLB, and Morrison starts SLB.

Im also pumped about having enough OL to run the 7 OL package we had at the beginning of last season more often. Being able to stick Brown and Moore out there with the starters sounds pretty dang good to me
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgatorbait2014, on 06 February 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Why do you think Trey Burton would be our starting TE? I also think that Michael Taylor wins a starting job, likely MLB, and Morrison starts SLB.

Im also pumped about having enough OL to run the 7 OL package we had at the beginning of last season more often. Being able to stick Brown and Moore out there with the starters sounds pretty dang good to me

I just think that unless Thompson or Taylor comes through and really shines, Muschamp is going to be looking for a proven receiver. Honestly I dont think Trey will start there but I think Muschamp will give him more chances to play because it's his senior year and wants to get the most out of him.

But I was going to go with taylor but every where I read it says that he's not that good in Pass Coverage. He may get the start but unless he improves on that I can bet you he wont be out there on 3rd and 7 haha.

But I am too. I have no idea if thats what he's going to use them for exactly but I wouldnt be surprised if on the goal line he puts brown in there at LT and let DJ humphries play the TE spot. That'd be a huge line.
Posted Image

gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 07 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

I just think that unless Thompson or Taylor comes through and really shines, Muschamp is going to be looking for a proven receiver. Honestly I dont think Trey will start there but I think Muschamp will give him more chances to play because it's his senior year and wants to get the most out of him.

But I was going to go with taylor but every where I read it says that he's not that good in Pass Coverage. He may get the start but unless he improves on that I can bet you he wont be out there on 3rd and 7 haha.

But I am too. I have no idea if thats what he's going to use them for exactly but I wouldnt be surprised if on the goal line he puts brown in there at LT and let DJ humphries play the TE spot. That'd be a huge line.

Maybe, but I think that one of the two will get the starting spot with Clay Burton playing the same role as last year, as the primary blocking TE. Trey Burton will stay in the same role as WIldcat QB/RB/FB/Slot WR/whatever else. He could play a few snaps as a "TE", but I doubt he spends any extended time there.
Posted Image