January 26, 1983 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

January 26, 1983

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It was a cold rainy day in Tuscaloosa when I overheard a couple of students discussing something sacrilege after leaving my cost accounting class at Bidgood, so I called the radio station to confirm.  

Without even mentioning his name, I asked, " I need to confirm a rumor that I just heard..." Without missing a beat, the voice said, "It's true. Coach Bryant died at 1:30 today at Druid City Hospital."

Do you remember where you were when you heard the news?

Edited by Noah, 27 January 2013 - 02:31 PM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

BamaBabe73

BamaBabe73
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
4th grade classroom at West End Christian in Tuscaloosa

Our building housed 3rd-5th grade (6 classrooms)

The teachers turned out all llights, had us put our heads down on our desks, and played the radio over the intercom.  We heard the live radio coverage of the coroner's announcement - amidst of lots of tears from all of us.  Needless to say - class was done for the day.