conference expansion rumor mill - Page 2 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

conference expansion rumor mill

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 29 January 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

Expansion is stupid. It's bad enough we have to wait a decade to play most schools in the opposite division; if we keep adding schools the SEC is going to weaken its centuries-old rivalries and the best conference in the country is going to lose its luster.

I agree. Plus playing the exact same teams every year would get old, quick. If they expand again, it might have to go to a 9 game conference schedule, and for teams like Florida, Georgia, and USC, there's no way they'd lose FSU, GT, and Clemson on their schedule. So that means the rivalry game, 7 divisional games that wont ever change, and a locked cross-division game. So 9 of the same people every single year, a different divisional team, and 2 cupcake games. I just don't like it.
Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 29 January 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

yea same here. I am sick of it, but its a reality. I do like having mor marquee matchups with schools out of conference.  I hate playing shit schools like sam houston st and the like.

Matchup wise I agree completely.  I'm looking forward to starting with Clemson next season rather than Buffalo...the cupcakes have gotten incredibly old.  I just think they've drug it out long enough, make something happen already lol.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 29 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

I agree. Plus playing the exact same teams every year would get old, quick. If they expand again, it might have to go to a 9 game conference schedule, and for teams like Florida, Georgia, and USC, there's no way they'd lose FSU, GT, and Clemson on their schedule. So that means the rivalry game, 7 divisional games that wont ever change, and a locked cross-division game. So 9 of the same people every single year, a different divisional team, and 2 cupcake games. I just don't like it.

Exactly... Basically the exact same schedule EVERY single year... It'd be terrible...

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 29 January 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Exactly... Basically the exact same schedule EVERY single year... It'd be terrible...

They're thinking of their wallets before they think of the fans.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 29 January 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

They're thinking of their wallets before they think of the fans.

The funny part is that if you piss fans off enough those wallets will eventually get smaller. I hope that happens, honestly, as much as I love Auburn and the SEC.

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 29 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

Wow, looking at it that way really makes it worse. Expansion has sucked from the get go IMO but those schedules would get old, fast.

Unfortunately it very well may become a reality in the next couple of years.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDGD, on 29 January 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Unfortunately it very well may become a reality in the next couple of years.

If that's the case, maybe they should add another game. I mean if we're gonna have 4 super conferences make the schedule bigger.
Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 29 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

If that's the case, maybe they should add another game. I mean if we're gonna have 4 super conferences make the schedule bigger.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I doubt it will happen as the playoff scenario will already add an extra game for those four teams right?

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDGD, on 29 January 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea. I doubt it will happen as the playoff scenario will already add an extra game for those four teams right?

Yeah I guess so, See, I never liked the "4" team playoff. If you're going to do it actually commit. No one is going to really care about bowls anymore so why not make that bigger? Maybe do it like the NFL and do a 12 team. And the bcs could still be relevant if they used the top 12 teams. Idk. I never liked the whole combine bowls and playoffs idea.
Posted Image

DGD

DGD
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 29 January 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Yeah I guess so, See, I never liked the "4" team playoff. If you're going to do it actually commit. No one is going to really care about bowls anymore so why not make that bigger? Maybe do it like the NFL and do a 12 team. And the bcs could still be relevant if they used the top 12 teams. Idk. I never liked the whole combine bowls and playoffs idea.

I agree, the whole thing has turned into a mess. I'm not sure about the 4 team playoff, I'm withholding judgement until we see it.  However, I wouldn't mind more teams being included. I haven't watched much but the FCS system seems to work fairly well, why not try it?

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mass expansion is going to ruin college football
Posted Image

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 29 January 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

what ive heard is big 12 is going to announce scheduling with the big 10 in the next week and announce fsu clem and ncstate andeither miami or Louisville being 4th. Louisville is leading miami for the last spot
I heard this almost exact thing over lunch yesterday from  U of H and t.u. guys at Papasittos lol

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostaTm 82, on 30 January 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

I heard this almost exact thing over lunch yesterday from  U of H and t.u. guys at Papasittos lol
papasittos is pretty amazing  FYI.
Posted Image

aTm 82

aTm 82
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 30 January 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

papasittos is pretty amazing  FYI.
Especially when someone else (sub contractor) is buying and calling it a business meeting.
Long story short they wanted some contact and contract info on some Sandy Jobs we turned down because they were "Rebuild in Place" If they are stupid enough to try it they are stupid enough to buy me a 30 dollar lunch.

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
look for news today or tomorrow
Posted Image