Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Basketball Power Rankings 1-27

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Now that conference play is in full swing, I think that we should start to have some power rankings. This season has been full of surprises and upsets  -- as you may know if you follow www.bwin.com.

1. Florida- Florida is my number one team in this week’s power rankings. They are 6-0 in conference play and have looked really good. This past week Florida have beat Georgia and Mississippi State by a combined total of 52 points. Florida has shot 49% from the field and they average 73 points. The Gators’ leading scorer is Kenny Boynton. Boynton averages 13 points per a game and shoots 41%.

2. Ole Miss- Ole Miss takes my number two spot in this week’s power rankings. The Rebels are also 6-0 in the conference and they are on a nine game winning streak. This past week they have struggled a little but they beat both Tennessee and Auburn. Ole Miss averages 81 points and 40 rebounds per game. Their leading scorer is Marshall Henderson who averages 19 points per a game.

3. Missouri-Missouri is 4-2 in conference play but both of their losses were by 15 or more. This past week Mizzou struggled with South Carolina but looked really impressive against Vanderbilt. Mizzou averages 75 points and 42 rebounds per a game. The Tigers’ leading scorer is Laurence Bowers who averages 17 points per game while shooting 58%. Bowers has been out with a knee injury since Mizzou’s SEC opener against Alabama. Bowers should make his return next game which will really help Mizzou.

4. Alabama-Alabama is 4-2 in conference play and have been up and down all season. This past week Alabama beat Kentucky but they lost to Tennessee by one. Alabama averages only 65 points per a game but they shoot 45%. Alabama’s leading scorer is Trevor Releford. Releford averages 16 points per a game and he shoots 49% from the field.  

5. Kentucky- Kentucky has really struggled by their standards but they are still 4-2 in conference play. This past week Kentucky lost to Alabama and just squeaked by LSU. Kentucky averages 76 points per a game on 48% shooting. They also get 39 rebounds and 15 assist. The Wildcats’ leading scorer is Archie Goodwin. Goodwin averages 15 points each game.

6. Tennessee-Tennessee is 2-4 in conference play. This past week Tennessee lost at Ole Miss but they upset Alabama. Tennessee averages 37 rebounds and only 65 points per a game. Tennessee’s leading scorer is Jordan McRae who averages 15 points per game.

7. South Carolina- South Carolina is 2-4 in conference play. They have had a pretty good past week. The Gamecocks beat Arkansas by 21 and gave Mizzou all they could handle in a close loss. They average 71 points and 38 rebounds per game. Their leading scorer is Brenton Williams who averages 12 points per game.

8. Arkansas-Arkansas is 3-3 in conference play. This past week they beat Mississippi State by 26 but they lost to South Carolina by 21. Arkansas looked really bad in their loss. The Razorbacks average 80 points and 16 assist per game. Their leading scorer is BJ Young who averages 17 points per game.

9. Georgia-Georgia is 2-4 in conference play. This past week they lost to Florida but won on the road at Texas A&M. They average only 59 points per game but they have all you can eat seats. Their leading scorer is Kentavious Caldwell-Pope who averages 17 points per game.

10. Vanderbilt- Vanderbilt is 2-4 in conference play. This past week they beat Auburn by 12 but lost to Mizzou by 22. They average only 60 points and 33 rebounds per game. Their leading scorer is Kedren Johnson who averages 15 points per game.

11. LSU- LSU is 1-5 in conference play. This past week they beat Texas A&M and almost upset Kentucky on the road. LSU averages 72 points and 15 assist per game. Their leading scorer is Shavon Coleman who averages 12 points per game.

12.  Texas A&M-Texas A&M is 2-4 in conference play but they have dropped their past four games. This past week they lost by 4 to LSU and lost by 7 to Georgia. The Aggies average 64 points on 45% shooting. Their leading scorer is Elston Turner who averages 16 points per game.

13. Auburn-Auburn is 2-4 in conference play and have lost their last 4 games. This past week they have lost to Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. They gave Ole Miss a really good game and they only lost by 2 points. They average 68 points and 14 assist per game. Their leading scorer is Frankie Sullivan who averages 17 points per game.

14. Mississippi State-Mississippi State is 2-4 in conference play and they have lost their last 4 games. This past week they lost to Florida and Arkansas by a combined total of 61 points. They average 62 points and only 10 assist per game. Their leading scorer is Roquez Johnson who averages 11 points per game.

Click here to view the article

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 08 July 2013 - 03:10 PM.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Glad to see a basketball article. Thanks for this @Mizzou_Fan.

/inb4 @SECats and @PuddingTime get indignant at being #5. :trollface:

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  4-0  (1-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Florida
Mizzou
OM
Kentucky
Bama
Tennessee
USC
Arkansas
Georgia
aTm
LSU
Vandy
Auburn
State

Despite losing to Bama I still have Kentucky over Bama as far as power rankings, I could easily put OM past Mizzou in the rankings, but I'm going to hold out and see how they do in their next 4-5 games, which is arguably the roughest part of their schedule.

I would also reorder the bottom based off SOS and who they have beaten.

Edited by MizzouMark, 27 January 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Great list, although I think I'd have TAMU above LSU. But other than that I wouldn't make any changes, good rankings..
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 27 January 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

Great list, although I think I'd have TAMU above LSU. But other than that I wouldn't make any changes, good rankings..
The reason I put A&M above LSU is because A&M has lost their past 4 games. Plus LSU beat them and they almost upset Kentucky.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@Hothotz did you notice what I said about Georgia?

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Florida
Kentucky
Missouri
Ole Miss
Alabama

2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 27 January 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Florida
Kentucky
Missouri
Ole Miss
Alabama
You're still going with the preseason power rankings?

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 27 January 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Florida
Kentucky
Missouri
Ole Miss
Alabama

C'mon man, you know that isn't right
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It is right....until tourney time.  We will win the SEC tourney and go farther than any other SEC team in the Big Dance.  Cause that's how we roll.

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 27 January 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

You're still going with the preseason power rankings?

No....I'm acknowledging UF is the better team right now.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 27 January 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

No....I'm acknowledging UF is the better team right now.
Y'all almost lost both of your games this week, no way should you be number 2 in a power rankings.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The next UK game will be interesting
Posted Image

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
South Carolina
Florida
Georgia
Mizzou
Kentucky
Arkansas
Ole Miss
LSU
Bama
A&M
Mississippi State
Vanderbilt
Tennessee

:trollface:
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Florida looks pretty good, still have not won the big games.

Missouri has not impressed me at all.

Ole Miss is improved, but is still Ole Miss.

Alabama was rewarded by Kentucky's inexperience.

Kentucky is the most talented team in the country and gaining experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users