Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

I need your expertise SECtalkers (especially you PuddingTime)

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

RW13

RW13

King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For whatever reason, I'm getting married on June 1st.  We need help picking music.  I need you guys to list some music for me.  I'm breaking down what I need into 3 different categories;

1. Music for the procession, etc.  Like when the bridal party comes down, etc.  Our wedding (barring inclement weather) will be a outside venue.

2.  Music for the first dance and also the dance where she dances with her dad and me with my mom

3.  Music for when people are eating dinner/drinking/etc.  (I have some ideas for this one, I'll post them later when I get a few suggestions on here).

So the music I'm looking for runs the gamut from pop stuff to classical to hymns to dance, to anything.  I don't wanna rule anything out just yet, I wanted to see what everyone comes up with.  I appreciate this, we are both lost...

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.sectalk.c...or-first-dance/

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"She Won't Let Me Posted Image. I Really Need to Bust a Nut" by Afro Man
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't have any advice, but congratulations man
Posted Image

RW13

RW13

King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks, I want my own damn thread though!!

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When my wife I got married, first off she planned everything. I'd told her my part was to be there on time and say, "I do". Outside of that I didn't care.

But here is what we had.  

My wife walking down the ilse: "Cannon D" by Pachebel

First Dance: "True Companion", by Marc Cohn

Our reception music was a mix of stuff from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s.

Congrats.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just depends on the crowd you have attending bro.

If I was having a wedding and my mom's side only was attending it'd be a loose and rowdy affair.  If it was my dad's, it'd be strictly by the book Southern church-going no frills affair.

I still maintain:

and

That's baby making music in my neck of the woods.

Could be a good slow dance song.

The thing you have to consider is women like cheesy, stereotypical songs at their weddings. They just do.  No matter how much you want to go outside the box and find that perfet mix of tuneage....there's just certain timetested songs that they will want to hear.

My girlfriend wants our first dance to be "Wonder Tonight" by Clapton.  Any of you who "know" me on here know that I think that's a ridiculous idea...everyone and their brother has used that. But a wedding is the girl's day, so sometimes you have to give her what she wants.
Posted Image

RW13

RW13

King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks, I'll try to give you more details PuddingTime, this is going to have to be a big project for you, and I'm sorry to have to monopolize your time, but I value your expertise and vast knowledge of music, and I'll be needing comprehensive lists for each situation.  I'll find out more specifics and post in here tomorrow or Monday.  I'll have to send you a groomsman gift or something, or an invite if you're gonna be near SC on June 1st.....

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Symptom of the Universe by Black Sabbath with the intro music. Run down the aisle instead of walking, and scream at people.
Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let Me Cum In -  Steel Panther

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRW13, on 26 January 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Thanks, I'll try to give you more details PuddingTime, this is going to have to be a big project for you, and I'm sorry to have to monopolize your time, but I value your expertise and vast knowledge of music, and I'll be needing comprehensive lists for each situation.  I'll find out more specifics and post in here tomorrow or Monday.  I'll have to send you a groomsman gift or something, or an invite if you're gonna be near SC on June 1st.....
Congrats bud.  Definitely let me know what kind of mood you're going for and I'll do my best to toss you some great suggestions.
Posted Image

Damien83

Damien83
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls

Perfect for a same sex ceremony!!

Or maybe Samwell for what happens in the hotel room after your ceremony!!

I keed I keed......congrats!! Other than that I have no suggestions. I say both of you come up with a list, then sit down and compare.