Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

ESPN SEC Documentaries

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Just wondering if I've missed any.  They're On Demand on my cable box and so far I've seen ones for:

Kentucky - Sam Bowie
Georgia - Herschel Walker
Ole Miss - Ghosts of Ole Miss
Alabama/Auburn - Iron Bowl Rivalry
Mississippi State - Croom

My memory might be fuzzy, but I think I saw one on the Egg Bowl rivalry....I'm sure you guys can confirm whether that's been done or not.

I'm cueing up the Tennessee - Condredge Holloway story this morning.

Anyway, I just want to make sure I haven't missed any.  If I have I'll download them if they're not available.

Also, curious as to what a lot of you guys think would make for the most interesting documentaries about your school, whether or not one has been done.

For me, a couple stand out.  #1 would have to be Eddie Sutton and the Emory package scandal.  I don't care that it makes Kentucky look awful, it's just interesting stuff.  #2 would certainly be anything about Coach Rupp's tenure here.  #3 I think would be something about the futility of Kentucky football in the past, showing some of the highlights and a lot of lowlights, and how there seems to be light on the horizon in Lexington finally. Probably too soon to make that film, but as a lifelong Kentuckian, Lexingtonian, and Wildcat fan, I can tell you that the feeling and emotion around this city right now towards football is unlike anything I've ever seen or felt.  It's just DIFFERENT this time.  Finally, #4 would have to be Pitino's  '96 championship team.  Probably the greatest college basketball team ever.  That squad absolutely dominated.  Avg margin of victory was something like 20+ ppg.  Just filthy.  9 future NBA players on that roster.  I have everyone of their autographs hanging on the wall next to me as I type this now.  Still my favorite Kentucky team, though last year's squad came close. They were so much fun to watch as well.  I may hate Pitino now, but I'll always be grateful for what he did for us during his time here.

Edited by PuddingTime, 26 January 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Posted Image

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The one on the becomings of the first SECCG is fantastic.

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I would love to see a film about Phil Fulmer stabbing Johnny Majors in the back.
Posted Image all of you

bijoukaiba

bijoukaiba

... or Eimii, that works too.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There's also one on LSU's Lolo Jones, but I think it's more about her career as a whole than what she did at LSU.

There's also an independent documentary on the UF/FSU rivalry that I want to see really badly...

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It simultaneously bothers and intrigues me that race plays a predominant role in most of these SEC stories.   Being the Southeastern Conference, it's pretty well interwoven into the fabric of our historical landscape, for better and mostly worse.

Especially after watching the Condredge Holloway story.  I don't pretend to sit here and be some big sympathetic white guy for all of the stuff that's happened in the past.  I didn't live through it, so I can't say I truly understand it.  But watching that and seeing how the New England Patriots wanted to draft him, but only as a DB....Alabama would only let him sign if he didn't play QB....it just doesn't make any sense to me.  If you're going to sign a guy, you Posted Imageing play him in whatever position he most enables you to win.  Period.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I swear I'm not trying to cause trouble, but isnt there a documentary on Duke/UK when Laettner made that shot?

Posted Image

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 26 January 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Finally, #4 would have to be Pitino's  '96 championship team.

Syracuse basketball fan here.  That UK '96 team was just ungodly good.  Dont fool yourself bud.  That '96 team would have waxed any UK team thereafter.  The defense they played was insane and a joy to watch just as a fan of the game.  Man.  Memories.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostChainsaw Massaquoi, on 26 January 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Syracuse basketball fan here.  That UK '96 team was just ungodly good.  Dont fool yourself bud.  That '96 team would have waxed any UK team thereafter.  The defense they played was insane and a joy to watch just as a fan of the game.  Man.  Memories.
Well I was ready to trash you for being a Cuse fan because I loathe them but A. you just beat Louisville and B. that was a damn classy post.

That was a great game.  You had to know going in there was no chance Cuse was going to win.  My girlfriend is from Rochester and her family are all Cuse fans, except her stepbrother who's a Kansas fan (born there.)

You can imagine how much fun I have getting to trash talk on gamedays.
Posted Image

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 26 January 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Well I was ready to trash you for being a Cuse fan because I loathe them but A. you just beat Louisville and B. that was a damn classy post.

That was a great game.  You had to know going in there was no chance Cuse was going to win.  My girlfriend is from Rochester and her family are all Cuse fans, except her stepbrother who's a Kansas fan (born there.)

You can imagine how much fun I have getting to trash talk on gamedays.

Yeah.  I didn't think we stood a chance but you always hold out hope as a fan lol the CBB coverage wasnt what it is now so I watched a lot of UK basketball that year.  It felt like they averaged 25-30 turnovers a game running that full court press.  Delk was a damn assassin from the arch.

Ha.  That's where my dad is from hence the unfortunate circumstance of being a Bills fan.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
'96 would beat '12, but only because of experience, the talent was pretty damn even.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The "Forty Minutes of Hell" doc was a really good one, too.