Dwayne Day - South Carolina Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Dwayne Day

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A solid victory tonight vs. Arkansas, but I was curious about the absence of Day.  He shot lights out vs. Florida on Saturday, yet tonight he didn't show up on the court until the final minute with the victory sealed.  Anyone know why he wasn't given more of an opportunity to play tonight?  Is he a defensive liability or something?

Jay_Lupo

Jay_Lupo
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was curious about that myself.  I have no idea.  The Arkansas radio guys didn't have any info on his situation.  Congrats on the win.

raptorcox

raptorcox

Mr. Bungle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks for the congrats, I have no idea except that Day was only in the UF game due to Gonner and Tisby not playing...

ARK is still going in the right direction and should have a great season, good luck the rest of the way...

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

raptorcox said:

Thanks for the congrats, I have no idea except that Day was only in the UF game due to Gonner and Tisby not playing...

ARK is still going in the right direction and should have a great season, good luck the rest of the way...

Whatever happened to Gonner and Tisby?  :confused:  I don't follow basketball.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 904
Newest Purchase: Fear City

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

JBryant12

JBryant12
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They were suspended from the team
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

WE WANT BALLER BACK!!!

JBryant12

JBryant12
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gonner got into an argument with one of the coaches and i forgot what Tisby did
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

WE WANT BALLER BACK!!!

GamecockDave

GamecockDave
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OmahaBound said:

Is he a defensive liability or something?

I've read that somewhere lately. Also, Odom wanted him to redshirt and he wouldn't volunteer. Is there are "playing time" requirements on a basketball recruit?

GRASSHOPPER

GRASSHOPPER
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

JBryant12 said:

Gonner got into an argument with one of the coaches and i forgot what Tisby did
GONNER SEEMS TO BE SOMEWHAT OF A HOT HEAD! AND THERE IS A REASON TISBY HAS BEEN WITH TWO OTHER TEAMS BEFORE USC.
NEXT YEAR IS HERE-GO COCKS!

BigSpur

BigSpur
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gonner was benched due to an arguement with an assistant coach due to his lack of playing time.  Tisby was homesick and went to Kansas for a week(poor baby). I have no idea why Day was not given an opportunity to follow up on his performance at Florida.  I have a lot of questions about Odom in general.  If you look at Rivals basketball recruiting for next year, we have absolutely nobody even looking at us.  And that sad because most recruits are looking at 10 to 15 teams and no mention of USC.  This man was brought in to do what Fogler wasnt.  So far after 5 years I would have to give Fogler a better grade.  And that is sad.  South Carolina used to have so much tradition in basketball but now it is a joke, The new AD's first responsibility should be to get rid of Odom and bring in someone who can do the job.

Galactus

Galactus
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Odom is making a mistake not playing Day more, IMO. We are wasting him. What was the point in recruiting him if we're not going to use him? Other schools are using freshman left and right.

Does Odom suffer for the same "anti-freshman-itis" that Holtz had?