Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Manti Te'o

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Am I the only one who never once gave a shit about this story? WHO GIVES A SHIT? ESPN just has nothing else to report on, so they're trying to force us to care about this story. Who the Posted Image CARES? If you are following this story and waiting for the 'breaking developments', you are everything that is wrong with the world and you should kill yourself immediately. Yeah I mad.

Posted Image ESPN, and Posted Image you too.

Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I didn't care until the story became fodder for some great memes and one-liners. I mean, I got 2 posts to Legendary status in the same day when the hoax was exposed. That shit matters.
Posted Image

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Option 1:  The ND poster boy is a narcissistic whackjob who cooked up a perverse PR gimmick that blew up in his face.

Option 2:  The ND poster boy is too stupid to live.

Option 3:  The ND poster boy is a narcissistic whackjob who, discovering that he was too stupid to live, tried to turn the situation to his advantage, only to have it blow up in his face.

My only other comment is that the buzz over the Im-Material Girl has effectively diverted attention from Te'o's game.

Which is just as well because based on the bowl game, he ain't got none.

Edited by jthomas666, 23 January 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Count me in the who gives a Posted Image column. It's all stupid.  College kid pulls a prank.  Let's all get serious.
Posted Image

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am with Herschel T.  Its all about the comedy.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have zero sympathy Division 1 athlete that resorts to meeting someone online.

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Tremendous lulz come from this situation though. I mean I don't follow this story worth a shit but this guy making up an online gf to cover up the fact that he obviously is a pillow biter is pretty damn funny.
Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this is why i care.....

http://www.irishenvy...kekua-hoax.html

anything that demoralizes those idiots is ok with me

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
<<<<<<<<<<< No shits were given by this guy about this story....ever.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
God forbid we talk about anything on a message board. Yeah, lets be all kind of serious. Ya'll make me laugh.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's the offseason. You can talk about crocheting sweaters and the best douches for the dollar, but some of us prefer funny stories like the Manti Te'o Extravaganza 2k13.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I still think he's gay
Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
bahahahahahaha

http://todaynews.tod...e-with-teo?lite

The mastermind of the fake girlfriend that ensnared Notre Dame football star Manti Te'o is speaking out, telling talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw that Te'o was an innocent victim and insisting he was the voice speaking on the phone, impersonating Te'o's fake girlfriend Lennay Kekua. NBC's Mike Taibbi reports.
By Scott Stump, TODAY contributor

After his lengthy interview with the mastermind of the fake girlfriend hoax against Manti Te’o, Dr. Phil McGraw believes Ronaiah Tuiasosopo genuinely fell in love with the Notre Dame star linebacker during the course of the two-year deception.

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,’’ McGraw told NBC’s Mike Taibbi in a segment that aired on TODAY Wednesday. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’’’

In a two-part interview that will air Thursday and Friday on the “Dr. Phil’’ show, Tuiasosopo describes Te’o as an innocent victim in the hoax. The 22-year-old California man posed as Lennay Kekua, an imaginary person whose supposed death from leukemia on Sept. 12 made national headlines as part of an inspiring narrative surrounding Te’o during Notre Dame’s undefeated regular season.

Te’o told Katie Couric that he was made aware of the hoax in a phone call on Dec. 6, but, out of embarrassment, continued to pretend in public that she was real thought the Jan. 7 BCS championship game, in which Notre Dame fell to Alabama.

Te'o tells Couric he didn't concoct hoax

Tuiasosopo claims he wanted to end the charade earlier, but could not go through with it. The hoax has made national headlines since being exposed by Deadspin.com on Jan. 16.

“I wanted to end it because after everything I had gone through, I finally realized that I just had to move on with my life,’’ Tuiasosopo told McGraw during their interview. “I had to start just living and let this go. There were many times where Manti and Lennay had broken up, but something would bring them back together whether it was something going on in his life or in Lennay’s life, or in this case, my life.’’

Face of fake girlfriend: 'I empathize' with Manti Te'o

Tuiasosopo created a fake social media profile using photos taken from the Facebook page of former high school classmate Diane O’Meara, 23, a marketing executive in Los Angeles. He also insisted to McGraw that the telephone voice of the imaginary Kekua in voicemails and conversations with Te’o was his.

McGraw told Taibbi that, after speaking with Tuiasosopo, he believes that Te’o “absolutely, unequivocally’’ was not involved in the hoax in any way .

“Ronaiah had a number of life experiences that damaged this young man in some very serious ways,’’ McGraw said.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 24 January 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

I still think he's gay

The publicity train for all sides of the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax is making a stop with Dr. Phil this week, with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo revealing more details to host Dr. Phil McGraw.

"Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love," McGraw told NBC's Mike Taibbi. "I asked him straight up, 'Was this a romantic relationship with you?' And he says yes. I said, 'Are you then therefore gay?' And he said, 'When you put it that way, yes.' And then he caught himself and said, 'I am confused.'"