Vandy's Next QB Austyn Carta-Samuels - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Vandy's Next QB Austyn Carta-Samuels

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I would recommend you all watch this video if you want to know what you will be facing this year.

*Note* I think it is safe to say that this guy either had a hard time grasping the offense or CJF really wanted him to develope to his full potential because there is no way Jordan Rodgers can make half the throws this guy makes. You sdont just lose talent like that. I know it was Wyoming but a QB can throw or he cant and this guy can throw. Kind of reminds me of slower JFF.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How much did he cost?

in before auskip can react.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol not a penny. His Grandfather went to VU or somebody like that so he is a bit of a legacy. IDK why he didnt come here in the first place instead of going to Wyoming. His brother is commited to us for next years class as well KJ Carta-Samuels.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
it sure is nice when that happens. hope he is a good one. yet, auskip will want to know the price. i think he is just making sure they didn't over pay cam.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol i dont think you can over pay for a guy that won you a Natty on his own damn near.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
lets see, he has taken exactly zero snaps against an sec defense, so yeah, i can see your point about how hes gonna light it up, lol...like most of us, well reserve judgement until he actually plays!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 22 January 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

lets see, he has taken exactly zero snaps against an sec defense, so yeah, i can see your point about how hes gonna light it up, lol...like most of us, well reserve judgement until he actually plays!

This is all everyone says and frankly it doesnt matter. He has superb scrambling ability and can throw very well on the run. With our O-line playing well and giving him time to throw he will be a monster. If he gets flushed he can still make the throws. As far as JR goes i have never seen him scramble and throw a 50 yard bomb hitting a WR in stride and he did pretty well. Just saying. I thnk CJF just wanted to let him develope to his full potential coupled with him trying to do to much in practice and making mistakes the reason Jordan rodgers got the start in the first place. Btw Utah, TCU, Boise State and Texas wouldnt be considered slouches back then and he did well against them.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This could be an eat your words thread in the future. Never pump up a kid until they hit the field against an SEC defense.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 22 January 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

This could be an eat your words thread in the future. Never pump up a kid until they hit the field against an SEC defense.
I will gladly eat crow if he sucks but I highly doubt it.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDevellionDore, on 22 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

I will gladly eat crow if he sucks but I highly doubt it.

It's cool. I mean we have a back up QB who broke Marino and Pryor high school state records, but I'll wait to see what he does were it matters before I say a anything. I've grown to not like the taste of crow personally haha.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 22 January 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

It's cool. I mean we have a back up QB who broke Marino and Pryor high school state records, but I'll wait to see what he does were it matters before I say a anything. I've grown to not like the taste of crow personally haha.

I would much rather have a guy who has played well at th D1 level (even if it is Wyo) than a guy fresh out of HS. Im just saying that you all shouldnt be suprised if he tears up some SEC asses. At least you will be able to say you were warned.

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStaringContestYouAndMe, on 22 January 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Quit caring when you said he was like Johnny Football.
I said he KIND OF reminds me of a slower JFF. In size, scrambling ability,and arm. If you watch it you will see what i mean. No one is JFF but JFF. Just reminds me of him

Edited by DevellionDore, 22 January 2013 - 08:44 AM.

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A couple of years ago my friend played a dynasty season with Wyoming on NCAA and he was always bragging about this guy lol. That's all I know about him.
Posted Image

DevellionDore

DevellionDore
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 22 January 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

A couple of years ago my friend played a dynasty season with Wyoming on NCAA and he was always bragging about this guy lol. That's all I know about him.
Watch the video bro. Just watch it

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:
tldr just wanted to pop by and remind you all how irrelevant vandy is and that I give zero Posted Images about anyone on your team, except jordan and thats only because I know luke.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image