Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Is Frank Beamer trying to get fired?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
https://espn.go.com/...ive-coordinator

Maybe the guy is ready to retire and he is subconsciously sabotaging himself.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well I grew a wee bit tired of watching -2 yard rush, -3 yard sweep/ or reverse, Thomas throwing an incomplete screen pass, and then a punt. Maybe this guy will do better, but considering he had 5*s out the ass at AUB to work with, maybe it'll be more of the same.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well he had a tough job with Auburn last season, wasn't so much his fault. Still think that's a very average hire for VT though.

Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Folks just see him tagged to AU last year and assume he sucks because our offense sucked. Unless you pay to get the inside stuff you really don't realize what he had to deal with last year. Gene overriding his play calls (hell the man had a play sheet on the sideline) making him coach from the sidelines (something he'd never done or been taught to do) changing game plans on him as late as Thursday before game and so on. Several insiders said that the only game we actually saw a Loeffler offense in which he called all the plays was the Clemson game.

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is a horrible hire. He's obviously not a man since the reason he was so innovative in his play-calling was partially due to Chizik telling him what to do. I have zero faith in his ability to develop QBs, though. Zero.

Beamer will be fired after a 4-8 season in '13.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, he's really inexperienced, and I thought that when AU hired him too. But I think he has potential as an OC.

Many have speculated that he got to call the 2009-10 Sugar Bowl game, despite Addazio being the official OC.

That was a 51-24 shellacking of Brian Kelly's 12-0 Cincy team (of course Kelly himself had left Cincy hanging right before the bowl game to hurry up and get to ND), during which UF rolled up 659 yards of offense, and Tebow had the best passing day of his career, going 31-35 89% 482 yds 3 TD's 0 INT's and a 232.54 QB rating.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Now that I think about it, this is what VT does every year. They build up huge expectations and then fall flat on their asses. They just did it a lot sooner this year.
Posted Image

PaperShaker

PaperShaker

Work, Hard Work

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Loeffler I a top notch QB developer and will have great success somewhere. His track record outside last years debacle proves it.

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLarge Marge, on 27 January 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

Now that I think about it, this is what VT does every year. They build up huge expectations and then fall flat on their asses. They just did it a lot sooner this year.

I approve this message.
I hate the jokies and hope their woes continue.

Posted Image