Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Chip Kelly targeting Todd Grantham as Philly DC

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 26 January 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Grantham is kind of pissing me off on this one if it turns out no one has even offered him a job. If no one is coming for him, why not just wipe out the rumors? Just to help his reputation/stock is all I can think of. This can't be good for recruiting, especially when we have a few that are on the fence. Now on the other hand if he is being offered and just waiting to NSD.... still pissed off but not so much at him.

From an outsiders perspective he looks bad either way. Either a.) he hasn't been offered the job and he wants to make himself look good or b.) he has been offered and he's blatantly misleading kids who are making one of the biggest decisions of their lives.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 26 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

From an outsiders perspective he looks bad either way. Either a.) he hasn't been offered the job and he wants to make himself look good or b.) he has been offered and he's blatantly misleading kids who are making one of the biggest decisions of their lives.

Yeah I see what you mean.... but from my side option A is a lot worse

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 26 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

SO should he have jumped a week ago and leave UGA scrambling to fill the slot and lose D recruits? Its a no win deal.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 26 January 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

SO should he have jumped a week ago and leave UGA scrambling to fill the slot and lose D recruits? Its a no win deal.

If he leaves  its bad for UGA either way, that's the name of the game. I wasn't talking about the school though, just how I view him.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 26 January 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Grantham is kind of pissing me off on this one if it turns out no one has even offered him a job. If no one is coming for him, why not just wipe out the rumors? Just to help his reputation/stock is all I can think of. This can't be good for recruiting, especially when we have a few that are on the fence. Now on the other hand if he is being offered and just waiting to NSD.... still pissed off but not so much at him.

If anything this benefits him in recruiting... relax. I highly doubt he was even offered, personally.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 26 January 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 26 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

If anything this benefits him in recruiting... relax. I highly doubt he was even offered, personally.

Yeah maybe in the long run but I mean this class in particular. I'm not stressing over it, just wondering why he doesn't dismiss the rumors. You can't tell me that if we have a recruit thats on the fence and he thinks there's even the slightest chance of him leaving that it doesn't automatically give the other school an advantage.

On the other hand it does not seem like the recruits are too worried about it, at least the one who he had told his "secret" to. Maybe he's telling the recruits just not the media

Edited by GatorHater24, 26 January 2013 - 10:03 PM.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 26 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yeah maybe in the long run but I mean this class in particular. I'm not stressing over it, just wondering why he doesn't dismiss the rumors. You can't tell me that if we have a recruit thats on the fence and he thinks there's even the slightest chance of him leaving that it doesn't automatically give the other school an advantage.

On the other hand it does not seem like the recruits are too worried about it, at least the one who he had told his "secret" to. Maybe he's telling the recruits just not the media

He ain't goin to Philly. Grantham is holding out for a college HC job from what I hear
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo