Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Chip Kelly targeting Todd Grantham as Philly DC

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 17 January 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

If I were a Georgia fan, these would be my thoughts.

Y'all should probably fire Kirby too for letting Mett, Manziel, Murray, and a couple of freshmen RB's light Bama up too. Tough times.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 17 January 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

I say let him go. I am tired of not being able to stop a rushing attack. Gimme someone new.

View PostTider27, on 17 January 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

If I were a Georgia fan, these would be my thoughts.

I disagree. While our inability to stop the run this year was frustrating, our defense has improved (and recruiting) vastly since Grantham has gotten here. Could we do better? Maybe... sometimes your defense will be weaker in a certain area than you expect... it happens. It's not like Willie Martinez times where we couldn't stop anybody in any facet of the game or create turnovers. Grantham's recruiting ability is vastly underrated as well.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You guys just hired Chris Wilson just promote him and you should be fine.

:trollface:

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 17 January 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I disagree. While our inability to stop the run this year was frustrating, our defense has improved (and recruiting) vastly since Grantham has gotten here. Could we do better? Maybe... sometimes your defense will be weaker in a certain area than you expect... it happens. It's not like Willie Martinez times where we couldn't stop anybody in any facet of the game or create turnovers. Grantham's recruiting ability is vastly underrated as well.

Agreed. Our pass defense has been tremendous. We force turnovers. Lots of them. It may not have been a shut-down D all year, but it was very opportunistic. And our defensive recruiting is just on a different level than it used to be. I haven't seen talent like we're getting on D at Georgia in YEARS. We just didn't used to get these guys.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 17 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Y'all should probably fire Kirby too for letting Mett, Manziel, Murray, and a couple of freshmen RB's light Bama up too. Tough times.

I would get the sarcasm and chuckle usually, but "da Bama D did it duty", brah.

While I think Georgia D was much improved and very athletic with lots of talent everywhere, I just think it could of been better. That may not have been Grantham's fault, but I certainly think it had a lot of room for improvement/dominance.

Edited by Tider27, 17 January 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 17 January 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

While I think Georgia D was much improved and very athletic with lots of talent everywhere, I just think it could of been better. That may not have been Grantham's fault, but I certainly think it had a lot of room for improvement/dominance.

I think you're forgetting that last year our rush D was ranked 11th nationally, Total D was 5th. One year is not a trend. No one will argue that the rush D was not good this year, but I think it's awfully shortsighted to say we should want him to go just because the rush D wasn't very good this year. Our pass D this year was 8th nationally.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I think part of the problem was, we had guys suspended earlier in the year which threw off everybody's rhythm and we had guys probably looking to not get hurt due to the draft. Our rush defense statistically suffered in part due to playing two triple option teams and then Alabama. Our rush defense vs. Nebraska sucked because we lost Big John and Kwame Geathers just looked lost out there all day, he wasn't even set when they snapped on a touchdown run.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 17 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 16 January 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

Off topic...... but thinking about signing up for recruiting news.... Rivals or ESPN Insider?

The only reason to sign up for any of them is for the message boards.
If you don't want to use those, get a twitter account.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Yep. You know I'm just bustin' balls. UGA may have had the most talented D in the SEC, if not the country, but underperformed as a unit. But I'm not gonna play the typical Dawg fan and run CTG outta town just yet.
Posted Image

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 17 January 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

No idea as to who I would want as a replacement though.

Posted Image
MUUUUHUUUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

Chainsaw Massaquoi

Chainsaw Massaquoi
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think as talented as our D was this past year most of them had one eye on the NFL.  Next season I believe the D will be more fundamentally sound and less worried about making Sportscenetr bc they'll all have a lot to prove.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.ajc.com/w...rumors-recruit/

I know he's a secretive guy and all but what the hell is this about? He told a recruit something but not to tell anyone else? I mean if he's staying it wouldn't be something you'd want to keep secret......

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kerby Smart is going to Philly. Boom

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJL 103, on 18 January 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Kerby Smart is going to Philly. Boom

Not so fast my friend... that station that was reporting that is retracting their statement. Weird situation here...
Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 17 January 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I agree with everything above. I do think our depth was a culprit when we faced teams that could substain long methodical drives that just seem to wear our big guys down.