Notre Dame Meltdowns - Page 3 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Notre Dame Meltdowns

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#31
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,523
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,398

View Post1dawgfan09, on 15 January 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Hey guys, did the overtly racist comments in there bother anyone else?

Seriously? Ex-slaves and breeding athletes? I mean, God forbid a black kid go to college to learn AND play football.

But no man, them there northern folk are too cultured and learned for things like racism.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#32
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,405
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,706

View Postrazorhead, on 17 January 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Did I miss the Gator meltdown thread after their game with Louisville.  Somebody please give me a link.

There was no legit meltdown.

Just a collective " :lanekiffin:, our luck finally ran out." and a sad realization that we were not very good.
If we had any expectations during the preseason the meltdown would have rivaled the 2009 SEC Championship.

Edited by JoeGator, 17 January 2013 - 10:49 AM.


#33
WayzUp

WayzUp

    Cynical Optimist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,085
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,452
I would have to go back and find them in that epic thread on irishenvy but there was a poster in the more recent pages by the name of ND NYC or something like that...he/she is especially out there and beyond reason on this story and his/her posts border hilarious in how far he/she goes.  

I'll see if I can dig up a couple good examples.....
"just too bad there are no real well known, unbiased "just the facts" investigative journalists respected by all left in this world to really and truly identify and expose all the scumbags who perpetrated this and clearly explain it to "the masses".

"now we know why jack didnt/couldnt take care of kellys deal between usc and ncg"

"this is not going to end well.  There is ND blood in the water"

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?


#34
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,765
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    414

View PostTider27, on 17 January 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

Pretty meh, Carolina's defense would of made it semi-interesting...maybe.

All 3 games would of been better than what ND could muster though.

hmmm, sounds like what was said in 2010, lol.  i have a good friend whos an alabama fan and they are still looking to get back at us for that loss.  while i do agree that we most likely wouldnt have beaten alabama, id like to think the game would have been a lot more entertaining than what we saw!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#35
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,985
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,955

View PostJoeGator, on 17 January 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

There was no legit meltdown.

Just a collective " :lanekiffin:, our luck finally ran out." and a sad realization that we were not very good.
If we had any expectations during the preseason the meltdown would have rivaled the 2009 SEC Championship.

Eh, 9 times  out of 10 I say the gators win that game. Hard to get up for a game when you have to play f'in Louisville in the Sugar bowl. What incentive was there? When one minute you're extremely close to playing for the NCG, then you're playing Louisville, whats the point. I didn't care too much about our bowl game either, from crystal ball to capital one isn't very exciting

#36
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,405
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,706

View PostGatorHater24, on 20 January 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Eh, 9 times  out of 10 I say the gators win that game. Hard to get up for a game when you have to play f'in Louisville in the Sugar bowl. What incentive was there? When one minute you're extremely close to playing for the NCG, then you're playing Louisville, whats the point. I didn't care too much about our bowl game either, from crystal ball to capital one isn't very exciting

It was the 6th or 7th "biggest" game we played this year.
But still, it's the freaking Sugar Bowl man.
We shit ourselves in every facet of the sport.

#37
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    37,954
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    14,274

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 20 January 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

hmmm, sounds like what was said in 2010, lol.  i have a good friend whos an alabama fan and they are still looking to get back at us for that loss.  while i do agree that we most likely wouldnt have beaten alabama, id like to think the game would have been a lot more entertaining than what we saw!

Was a trap game much like Texas A&M, happens in college football though. That's the way it is in the SEC and I make no excuses, just giving the usual name for it. The fact that Bama had to play 6 teams coming off a bye was a travesty, that team was damn good.

Also, if South Carolina faced Bama on a neutral field with both teams healthy with time to prepare in both 2010/2012, it wouldn't even be close. Just sayin. :trollface:

Edited by Tider27, 20 January 2013 - 03:00 PM.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#38
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,985
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,955

View PostTider27, on 20 January 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Was a trap game much like Texas A&M, happens in college football though. That's the way it is in the SEC and I make no excuses, just giving the usual name for it. The fact that Bama had to play 6 teams coming off a bye was a travesty, that team was damn good.

Also, if South Carolina faced Bama on a neutral field with both teams healthy with time to prepare in both 2010/2012, it wouldn't even be close. Just sayin. :trollface:

Well..... they DO have the better coach though...... I'd have to take the Cocks in a rematch

#39
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,765
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    414

View PostTider27, on 20 January 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Was a trap game much like Texas A&M, happens in college football though. That's the way it is in the SEC and I make no excuses, just giving the usual name for it. The fact that Bama had to play 6 teams coming off a bye was a travesty, that team was damn good.

Also, if South Carolina faced Bama on a neutral field with both teams healthy with time to prepare in both 2010/2012, it wouldn't even be close. Just sayin. :trollface:

thats debatable

View PostGatorHater24, on 20 January 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Well..... they DO have the better coach though...... I'd have to take the Cocks in a rematch

sarcasm noted!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)