old football stuff - Ole Miss Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

old football stuff

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
an 88 year old lady i help out now and then called today. she said she had something to show me. pictures of her husband with charlie connerly in their living room and other places. a picture she took of doug dickey, charlie mcclendon, bear bryant and johnny vaught playing golf. ticket stubs from the egg bowl early 40s to mid 60s. one never torn. some of the players she was in class with as well. it was a fun afternoon and can't list all i saw. it was a bunch of stuff.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wow. I hope that stuff makes it to the CFB hall of fame one day so we can all see it
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I enjoy seeing old treasures like that.No tellin what she could get at auction for some of that stuff.Take some of it to Antique Road Show and let us know what they say.

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Posted Image what the stuff is worth I bet she has some amazing stories, ask her about them, ask her about her husband.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Five years ago I was invited to an Auburn football  game by the brother in law.  His buddy had a couple of extra tickets so the son and I volunteer to kick off the season with a trip to Auburn.  So we go over the buddy's house and he learns that I'm a Alabama fan and takes me into his office and hands me this white football covered in signatures of the Alabama's 1966 team and coaches that was given to grandfather by the Bear himself.  Autographs of Kenny Stabler, Cecil Dowdy, Gene Stallings, Ray Perkins, Jerry Duncan, Jerry Homan, Bear Bryant.  I almost cried.

Being an Auburn man he didn't realize that he actually possessed the holy grail of Alabama football.  He asked what it's worth and I guess $10k for the right buyer but I told him that it belongs in the Bryant Museum.

Edited by Noah, 12 January 2013 - 06:06 PM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
she is a big Ole Miss fan. Her late husband passed a couple of years ago. He was a big Lsu fan. Amazing that marriage made it over 50 years. I'm good friends with her sons so I will make sure they know about it. One is my bro n law. My mom and dad seem to come up with things I didn't know they had all the time so i'm not sure they know she still has that stuff.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Gone Grovin

Gone Grovin

deuce 4 heisman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 12 January 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

an 88 year old lady i help out now and then called today. she said she had something to show me. pictures of her husband with charlie connerly in their living room and other places. a picture she took of doug dickey, charlie mcclendon, bear bryant and johnny vaught playing golf. ticket stubs from the egg bowl early 40s to mid 60s. one never torn. some of the players she was in class with as well. it was a fun afternoon and can't list all i saw. it was a bunch of stuff.

I would pay good money for that picture of them playing golf. Would be awesome to have for sure.
Posted Image