Golf Question - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Golf Question

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• ╬ťoderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 15 February 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

UPDATE: Went to GolfTec and got on the swing analyzer. Hit five of the new drivers out (Taylormade R1, Cobra Amp and Amp Pro, Titleist 913D2 and Callaway Razr) and the numbers for the R1 weren't even close. I was hitting the others anywhere from 240 to 245 and the R1 gave me 265. Needless to say...its in my bag.

I tested the R1 as well as the RocketBladez irons at the golf simulator at Dick's last weekend. With the R1 I was hitting my drives 290ish, typically hit 270.

The RocketBladez had even more impressive improvements than the R1 for me. I am going to be so broke this year...

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 15 February 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

I tested the R1 as well as the RocketBladez irons at the golf simulator at Dick's last weekend. With the R1 I was hitting my drives 290ish, typically hit 270.

The RocketBladez had even more impressive improvements than the R1 for me. I am going to be so broke this year...
I heard the RocketBladez were awesome and that why I didn't try'em. Theres no doubt being in the frenzy I was in buying the driver and I'd woulda said, "awww screw it, throw the irons in too."
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• ╬ťoderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 15 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

I heard the RocketBladez were awesome and that why I didn't try'em. Theres no doubt being in the frenzy I was in buying the driver and I'd woulda said, "awww screw it, throw the irons in too."

I was tempted to throw financial responsibility to the wind and buy them all. In total, a new set of irons, R1 driver, and RocketBallz Stage 2 woods would have set me back around $1300, I think.

Soon I'll do it. I just wasn't drunk enough last time to pull the trigger.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
take @GoldenRebel with ya...that would be quite the pair
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think you'll be happy with that club. Getting fitted is a good thing if you're better than a weekend hack and I know you are. It will also help with confidence which is 90% of golf but to improve go ahead a buy the $400 driver but practice with the wedge and flat stick lol.

Did the guy talk about playing the right ball any?
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 16 February 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

I think you'll be happy with that club. Getting fitted is a good thing if you're better than a weekend hack and I know you are. It will also help with confidence which is 90% of golf but to improve go ahead a buy the $400 driver but practice with the wedge and flat stick lol.

Did the guy talk about playing the right ball any?
He asked which ball I was playing and I told I swapped between the Srixon ZStar and the Bridgestone e4. He said the Bridgestone would be the best.

-- Derrick Thomas

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've always played  a ball that felt right on the club. bridgestone is one of my favorites. buy one dozen at stein mart get the second dozen half price. i hate a top flight ball. it feels like hard thin plastic and very light.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:
Ball choice should be based on swing speed same as club flex. Thats why women hit with clubs that feel like a wet noodle to me and the ball they use might as well be a loufa.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I play best with the prov1 and callaway green. I can't hit the nice callaway ball for crap. Always wanted to give the bridgestone a try

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:
I liked prov1's when I played, probably the best ball for greens, I felt bridgestone was better if you need more control with fairway woods or long irons.
Posted Image   

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I go back and forth between prov1 and Bridgestone, but finally just stuck with the Bridgestone ball. I don't have the swing speed for the prov's
Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Never buy a club without hitting it on the range and on the course.  Pay a few more bucks and get it from the proshop at the club

Posted Image

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View Postrazorhead, on 17 February 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Never buy a club without hitting it on the range and on the course.  Pay a few more bucks and get it from the proshop at the club

or get a swing coach at the proshop, find out who he reps for (usually they rep for ping, cobra, taylormade if you're lucky) buy a few lessons from him at 75$ an hour, 2-3 lessons in mention that you want clubs, he will be able to save you 350+$ on them if he likes you and he will know what you need. Bam, you just got 3-4 lessons and club reccomendations/fit from a pro for the same price you would have paid for them at dicks...
Posted Image   

Posted Image