Deshea Townsend - Page 2 - Mississippi State Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Deshea Townsend

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 11 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Deshea Townsend attended Alabama not the very best example to pitch South Panola players.  "Hey stay in-state and represent Mississippi at State just like I... oh wait"

If you think the kids at USP give a shit about what school/state they play college ball at you are dumber than I thought. They care about who/what gets them into the league the fastest/with the most efficiency.

Don't know that Townsend will be able to convince them that. But shit, if I were a highschooler and a guy who played in the league for 15 years with two superbowl rings wanted to convince me he could get me into the NFL, I would listen.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That angle gets pitched a lot by coaches. "Represent your State"  you listen to or read MS kids particularly elite South Panola kids statements when they commit or sign. "I want to stay and represent my State"

You're completely oblivious if you think that means nothing, when that is often referenced after commitments or signings... Obviously the "Get me to the NFL" pitch works not saying is doesn't but that benefits programs like LSU, Alabama, UGA, and UF more than it does a State or Ole Miss

Edited by LordMerlinsGloryHole, 11 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Posted Image

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As a basketball coach, I PROMISE you these kids do NOT care about Mississippi. They say those things about state pride and all that because coaches tell them to say those things because it is what FANS (aka $$$$$$$) wants to hear. Since you think athletes care so much about representing MS, have you noticed NONE of them every say they are from Ole Miss on their player intros on MNF or other NFL games? It is because they don't care anymore.

Athletes care about getting money so they can get themselves and their families out of a likely poor living situation, move into a bright lights big city and start buying cool stuff.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

You'll see... You lose several of your "top" DB's that were terrible by season's end, he may coach them up a little bit but your defense will still be below average.  Mullen will be gone after this season one way or another.   Deshea Townsend attended Alabama not the very best example to pitch South Panola players.  "Hey stay in-state and represent Mississippi at State just like I... oh wait"

We appreciate your input, really... we should have consulted with LMGH before this hire.  We must suck.

FIRE EVERYONE

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

We appreciate your input, really... we should have consulted with LMGH before this hire.  We must suck.
  Good hire I just don't think it's one like the poster I quoted stated.. He made it out to be an electrically great hire that stops the bleeding of your program.

@ Players do say "Ole Miss" on MNF, One player (Mike Wallace) said his high school like 4 times as did most of his team mates those weeks.  This tells me you view the Ole Miss sprivals sites (Where you've seen some fans complain about it, likely) ..

Edited by LordMerlinsGloryHole, 11 January 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 11 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Good hire I just don't think it's one like the poster I quoted stated.. He made it out to be an electrically great hire that stops the bleeding of your program.

@ Players do say "Ole Miss" on MNF, One player (Mike Wallace) said his high school like 4 times as did most of his team mates those weeks.  This tells me you view the Ole Miss sprivals sites (Where you've seen some fans complain about it, likely) ..

Did not realize we were bleeding.  Cool.  Come on now, it's not like we went 3-9, 0-8..... that's bleeding.

FIRE EVERYONE

Large Marge

Large Marge

Ask me about Loom

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Devin Townsend would've been a cooler assistant.
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 11 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Did not realize we were bleeding.  Cool.  Come on now, it's not like we went 3-9, 0-8..... that's bleeding.
  Vomiting?
Posted Image

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You're right. We need our program to be strong enough to celebrate victories in the "I Just Found Out BBVA Was a Bank" Bowl like it's a national championship.

My God you're a tool.
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
By Mullen's count that's two championships about to be 3 with the crootin' championship.

You're blind if you don't see Mullen's team is in disaray. Kailo said that's what he saw in the Egg Bowl.

too late with Tony Conner

Edited by LordMerlinsGloryHole, 11 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
great hire...hard to find any negatives about this on paper...

Posted Image

GTHOM

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

You'll see... You lose several of your "top" DB's that were terrible by season's end, he may coach them up a little bit but your defense will still be below average.  Mullen will be gone after this season one way or another.   Deshea Townsend attended Alabama not the very best example to pitch South Panola players.  "Hey stay in-state and represent Mississippi at State just like I... oh wait"

i see him playing a not msu or alabama line, its a msu vs ole miss line and you know it.  hes gonna say, do like i did, be your own man, and do something different.  thats why the bears are worried about this hire.....on top of that, his camps in batesville has afforded him the parents ears in addition to the kids.  we couldnt have made a better hire.  he has knowledge of the game, experience in coaching, an extended nfl career, and the icing on top is that he has the ear of every mom and dad in batesville if he wants it and nothing lance pogue or booster can do about it other than attempt to shovel in more money than what they originally wanted to put up.....hes a local hero and someone that brings instant respect and cred.  if i was an om fan, i would be pretty upset about it.  sucks for yall.  yall are just gonna have to work much, much, harder and i suspect that the stronghold of usp is all but an equal playing field between om and state.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 11 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

stop the bleeding of our program?  seriously....i didnt realize it was THAT bad.  we won 7 straight then lost 5 of 6....3 of which we would lose 100 x out of 100.  sure it wasnt a great momentum booster going into the offseason and a downer to most state fans capped by a heartless loss to our rivals, but it was still a new years day bowl and a season that was in the top 20 seasons we have ever had.....sure it wasnt all sunshine and lollipops, but to characterize it as a bad season in any shape, form or fashion is stupid.  we had a shitty end of the season, but a good season overall.  GTFO with that stop the bleeding horseshit.

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This hire doesn't worry me in the least bit... seriously.  
Who needs South Panola when you have ,

Posted Image
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostLordMerlinsGloryHole, on 11 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

By Mullen's count that's two championships about to be 3 with the crootin' championship.

You're blind if you don't see Mullen's team is in disaray. Kailo said that's what he saw in the Egg Bowl.

too late with Tony Conner

disarray?  no, the team was just misguided.....we have since corrected much of this by hiring some much needed game-planners.