Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Kentucky will not make the NCAA Tournament

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 16 February 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

I'd love to celebrate this win but I think it's against site rules

Nah you guys earned it.  You kicked our asses up and down the court all game long.  It looks like our NCAA hopes will rest squarely upon how we do in the SECT because I don't servus doing well over this final stretch of games.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 16 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Nah you guys earned it.  You kicked our asses up and down the court all game long.  It looks like our NCAA hopes will rest squarely upon how we do in the SECT because I don't servus doing well over this final stretch of games.

Honestly I think we should savor it because who ever beats UK like that?

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 16 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Honestly I think we should savor it because who ever beats UK like that?

Very few and its Calipari's worst defeat to date thus far I believe in any of his college games as a head coach (Kentucky, Memphis, UMass, etc.) so its a big time win for sure.  Enjoy it man!
Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 16 February 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Very few and its Calipari's worst defeat to date thus far I believe in any of his college games as a head coach (Kentucky, Memphis, UMass, etc.) so its a big time win for sure.  Enjoy it man!

Yeah. The 54 points Meeks put on us a few years back stings a little less now

The Architect

The Architect

Designing a world of UK dominance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This team does not deserve to go to the NCAAs. I wish the SEC had a tourney format that would eliminate us from even playing or having the slimmest chance of getting a bid. These guys are tools. Harrow, Goodwin, and Poythress are poison. The collective basketball IQ of this team would qualify for "special needs". What they lack in BBall IQ they supplement with poor attitudes and half-hearted play.

I think I would tell Harrow, Goodwin, and Poythress to hit the road. I'd do what I could the rest of the season with what's left on the bench, guys that play at or above their level and are coachable.

If the NIT invites us, we should politely say "no" on the grounds that we are undeserving.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Architect

The Architect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope Cal learns to not just evaluate physical gifts, and assume they he can mold the talent into a team. Last year and this year offer us this stark contrast: guys that are coachable vs. those that are not. Talent is not enough....they ALL have to "buy in", and sacrifice a little of themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope they transfer or declare. I don't want Wiggins to have a reason not to come here. Its a shame that both Goodwin and poythress haven't progressed at all this season. Goodwin too damn selfish and poythress is a giant pussy with no drive. Just lookin forward to next season.
Posted Image

The Architect

The Architect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Following the Vandy and Mizzou wins, I'm starting to like what I see. There's some fight in the team. Mays is giving leadership. Harrow playing well. We finally got to see Poythress in beast mode for a whole game. Goodwin hit some jumpers for the first time since the UL game.
I can live with the mystifying lapses in defense and the occasional boneheaded shot or pass, if this guys play with the heart and grit they showed tonight.

GO CATS!!

Edited by The Architect, 23 February 2013 - 10:46 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
mizzou was a great win, but I didn't see any final four potential on that court at all
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Quality win tonight.  Mississippi State and Georgia should be W's.  Arkansas is a tough out in Fayetteville, but if we've come together like it seems we have in the aftermath of the Knoxville debacle (damn you Tennessee...damn you) then we should win, which leaves our annual finale against the Gators.  Alot can happen between now and that game, but if we are 3-0 going into that game I really like our chances at home....the crowd will be out for blood again like they were tonight.
Posted Image

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As long as we take care of the rest of our games besides Florida, we should have no issue getting to the NCAA Tournament.  However, our team still needs to be able to show consistency in terms of playing like they played today in order to do that.

But enough with that, I'm going to enjoy the win!  Great game Cats!  Lets keep it going.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Y'all will lose to Arkansas and Florida. If you win one game in the tournament y'all should be fine.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Arkansas is gonna be a nightmare at home. The Florida game is a probable loss unless we play out of minds. I'm really starting to like our chances for the tourney tho.
Posted Image

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sometimes I hate being right...  but then again if Nerlens doesn't get injured, we are probably in this field.
Posted Image