Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

did I just see that?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have to say that this is a first for me.  I can't say that I've ever heard of center on quarterback altercation much less watch the event live.  And I've watched a little football back in the day... and over the days.  I even remember seeing the immaculate reception live.  FYI If you have to google that then one of us has a problem.

But back to the first story, I'm watching this national championship game the other night and the damnest thing happened in a run away game.   The winning team is trying to kill the clock and all they need is a first down.  But there's a little confusion in the huddle, (quarterbacks can be emotional like that) so he kinda forgets the snap count... and it's kinda important that a quarterback remember the snap count 'cause his life may depend on it.

So the quarterback is back there screaming this and screaming that just like Peyton Manning would do, but nothing's working.  Finally the ref calls the delay of game penalty.   My heart sinks.  My prediction is about to come true.  My worst nightmare.   That Saban will die on the sidelines from a coronary from a delay of game penalty while up by 30 points.   My only saving grace was that Saban just as stunned as I was.  His quarterback and center were about to have a knock down drag out right on the field.

So my question is shouldn't Jones be flagged with a roughing the passer penalty for hitting the quarterback after the play?

Edited by Noah, 10 January 2013 - 06:46 PM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It was weird for sure. Unlike anything I've seen watching football, at least during a game. I'm sure it happens all the time in practices and whatnot, but you don't see it during games except for maybe on the sidelines.

Personally, I thought AJ overreacted and I don't fault Barrett for the shove. I can understand AJ being emotional, but his reaction was over-the-top and Barrett probably felt a little showed up. Turned out to be nothing, but we know AJ has a history of sometimes getting a little too amped up out there lol.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

Hail State!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
To be honest, I liked seeing it. I thought that it was good to see them leaving it all out on the field even though they were up by 30. I don't think that it was that big of a deal especially because they are best friends.

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Made AJ looked really bad.

AJ's blessed with the best offensive line in college football, and he tries to show his center up? The All-American first round pick that just won the freakin Rimington?

AJ's a douche.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nothing to see here....move along.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm afraid it's in the DNA of every QB I met...

View PostPork Rinds, on 10 January 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Made AJ looked really bad.

AJ's blessed with the best offensive line in college football, and he tries to show his center up? The All-American first round pick that just won the freakin Rimington?

AJ's a douche.

shk666

shk666
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Personally, I liked the intensity.  Maybe the shove was a little much but hey, it's the NC game, emotions are running high.

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm just glad that this altercation didn't happen in the first half.   Otherwise, Nix would've had a couple of sacks.

View Postshk666, on 15 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Personally, I liked the intensity.  Maybe the shove was a little much but hey, it's the NC game, emotions are running high.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good stuff AJ needed to calm down.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well some may get sick to their stomach seeing this Bama love comment...

....but I think it was the true definition of our players that bought in. We all know Saban's intensity near the end of the game, and obviously the players knew they had the game in hand...but on that field they acted as if they were still in a close one. It's a mindset that was drilled into their head, it's a true reason for this kind of success. You could also see within the last moments they finally let loose on the sidelines, but I credit that to only learning the process. The man who started it all was forever set in, until the clock was below 10 seconds. Loved it.

Edited by Tider27, 15 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The game was won and he humiliated his center. Not very classy of him. He's blessed with an awesome offense with a great line, great recievers, and two of the best backs in the game. Guy needs to learn that he's in a better position than any other QB. Saban should of just called timeout to clam down his guys.
Posted Image

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Who cares? Their emotions got the best of both of them during a football game. It happens. Shit like that happens when you live with someone year 'round, it just happened on the football field this time.

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So my question is shouldn't Jones be flagged with a roughing the passer penalty for hitting the quarterback after the play?

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't blame Jones, McCarron always has come off like an extreme douche bag. He seems like one of those stereotypical character quarterbacks on any movie about high school / college.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo