Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

AMMO What the hell's going on

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was at a trade show yesterday and hit 8 different ammo manufactures up for ammo and info. Folks its going to get worse before it gets better. Orders were being taken for 18 months out with no promise of actual delivery anytime soon. So what does that mean to us? It means that contract allocated ammo orders are going to at best trickle in and regular run stuff is going come out even slower. Which means people are going to hoard it and work the system. People are paying WalMart clerks to call them or hide ammo for them, Academy is not as bad but still rout or low. Most places are seeing the same thing to one degree or another and its going to get worse.

My advice is find it online from less traveled sites and buy 500 to 1000 rounds at a time and not pull mass amounts out of chain stores or local shops unless it is being sold as bulk. Its cheaper easier and if everyone did it the guys wanting one -five boxes would be able to get it at the local shops.

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Glad I've got plenty of ammo stashed for the time being.

Now parts for the AR build I'm in the middle of, that's another story.  Got an email yesterday that BCM BCGs were back in stock, wellllll, they were gone by the time I could click the link all of 15 seconds later.  Least I have my cobbled together Franken-BCG for the time being.  No telling when I'll be able to get a lower or upper...

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Man it would be a good time to buy a ton and sit on it awhile. Prices will more than likely double in the next year or so.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The thread title is confusing...

What the hell's going on? Are you not familiar with supply and demand?

Posted Image

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I saw 556 ammo limit of 10 for 11.99 at local WC limit of 10 yesterday.  i thought it was overpriced and left it there.  Maybe I try to buy a box today.

My shit was "in stock" when ordered.

What the GD Posted Image?

"Date Ordered: Wednesday 19 December, 2012

The comments for your order are

Update: We are awaiting manufacturer restock order of your barrel and forearm to ship complete. Expecting arrival in next 6-12 weeks.  In stock recommended alternative is below:

http.......

Midwest T12 (12") Forearm or 24G2 (10")

Would you like to switch, wait, or cancel? Please email back your desire. Card is not charged until shipment. Your card is only authorized at time of order. This temporary hold falls off after 2-3 days and simply verifies the card is valid.  You will not process with funds captured until actual shipment. IF AT ANY TIME YOUR WAIT IS EXCEEDED AND/OR YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL BACKORDERED ITEMS, PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR IMMEDIATE HANDLING. Thanks,

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Pending

Please reply to this email if you have any questions."

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I went to the range a couple of weeks back and brought my brother's glock .40 cal. Asked how much a box of .40 cals were, the guy told me there isn't a box of range .40 cals left in the state of Georgia... I was like... wtf.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bought a new compensator yesterday.  Figured I better while i still can

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 10 January 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Glad I've got plenty of ammo stashed for the time being.

Now parts for the AR build I'm in the middle of, that's another story.  Got an email yesterday that BCM BCGs were back in stock, wellllll, they were gone by the time I could click the link all of 15 seconds later.  Least I have my cobbled together Franken-BCG for the time being.  No telling when I'll be able to get a lower or upper...

Ebay has them, over priced but they have them.

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 10 January 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Ebay has them, over priced but they have them.

Thanks but no thanks.  I'm nowhere near the point of paying $300 for a BCG or Lower.  My franken-BCG is fine.  It's a BCM bolt with a Les Baer carrier and Colt small parts.  Gas key just needs to be staked better...

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 10 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Thanks but no thanks.  I'm nowhere near the point of paying $300 for a BCG or Lower.  My franken-BCG is fine.  It's a BCM bolt with a Les Baer carrier and Colt small parts.  Gas key just needs to be staked better...
I hear that. I say just putting it out there.

Posted Image

OlArmy98

OlArmy98
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 10 January 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Man it would be a good time to buy a ton and sit on it awhile. Prices will more than likely double in the next year or so.

I agree totally.  I picked up some 45 rounds at lunch today.  2 weeks ago it was $90 for the 200 round case.  Today that case was $109.

I mostly go to independent shops and am going to check some others this weekend to see what I can find

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 10 January 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

I went to the range a couple of weeks back and brought my brother's glock .40 cal. Asked how much a box of .40 cals were, the guy told me there isn't a box of range .40 cals left in the state of Georgia... I was like... wtf.

was talking to the owner of a sporting goods store yesterday. he is just back from a trade show. he said the glock 40 is sold out. they make 10,000 a year and sold out for this year. if one is in your favorite store get it before its gone.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 10 January 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

was talking to the owner of a sporting goods store yesterday. he is just back from a trade show. he said the glock 40 is sold out. they make 10,000 a year and sold out for this year. if one is in your favorite store get it before its gone.
it was the ellet brothers show in columbia sc. I was there yesterday, Glock is coming out with a S model that taking away from normal productio a bit. They are running gen 3, 4 and S models on lines meant to run 1 model.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 10 January 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

we have 3 cases of it. I hope we get restocked saturday.

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOlArmy98, on 10 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I agree totally.  I picked up some 45 rounds at lunch today.  2 weeks ago it was $90 for the 200 round case.  Today that case was $109.

I mostly go to independent shops and am going to check some others this weekend to see what I can find

Damn.  I buy the WWB at Walmart for $32/100 rounds.  No idea what stock looks like right now though.

I could kick my ass though.  Around Thanksgiving I came really close to ordering 1000 rds of 5.56 and decided to wait until my next paycheck.  Then dumbass shot up a school.  Now I have 50 rounds total