Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

When will Kirby Smart get a HC job?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 08 January 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

No, you were too butthurt to just be trolling.

Hahaha, yeah...I'm reeeaaallll mad bro. Cause there's nothing at all to distract me from the endless drivel that is Georgia fans and their hard on for Kirby. Nothing positive what so ever going on in the Bammer world that would distract me from this.

All opinions within this topic are useless, and we won't get anywhere. You're entertaining, I'll give you that.

Edited by Tider27, 08 January 2013 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 08 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Hahaha, yeah...I'm reeeaaallll mad bro. Cause there's nothing at all to distract me from the endless drivel that is Georgia fans and their hard on for Kirby. Nothing positive what so ever going on in the Bammer world that would distract me from this.

All opinions within this topic are useless, and we won't get anywhere. You're entertaining, I'll give you that.

>Claims posts are trolling

>Posts in reality:

View Postbmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStaringContestYouAndMe, on 08 January 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

At this point, I figured he would be gone by now. The optimist inside of me says that he is waiting for Saban to step down someday and he be promoted to HC. That most likely won't happen, but I do think it is interesting that he hasn't jumped to a HC position by now.

Me too, but I also realize that he is only 37.  I do not recall a DC with 3 NCs in 4 years staying at the same position as Smart has though.  The timing to get a quality job is not gonna get any better than it is right now IMO...........
Posted Image

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.  

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostECDawg, on 15 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Me too, but I also realize that he is only 37.  I do not recall a DC with 3 NCs in 4 years staying at the same position as Smart has though.  The timing to get a quality HC job is not gonna get any better than it is right now IMO...........

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostECDawg, on 15 January 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Me too, but I also realize that he is only 37.  I do not recall a DC with 3 NCs in 4 years staying at the same position as Smart has though.  The timing to get a quality job is not gonna get any better than it is right now IMO...........

Good point, and while most think that Saban will be around for a while, he could also just as easily leave for any number of reasons. This past year couldn't have been any more replete with job openings and this would have been the most ideal time for him to pick one of those up.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How much does he get paid at UA? Maybe he's for the possibility to become HC at Bama when Saban retires. Can't imagine he'd stay more than 5 years from here on out. He's dominating college football and the stress has to be incredibly tiring.
Posted Image

shk666

shk666
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 08 January 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Please keep the trash talk in the proper forum.  :)

shk666

shk666
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Personally, Im not sold on KS and Im a Bama homer.  Lots of people thought Kevin Steele was great too until he got out from underneath Saban, then we all know what happened when he got to Clemson.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshk666, on 15 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Please keep the trash talk in the proper forum.  :)

Yeah you got me there, I didn't do my duty and move this to the Trash Talk like I should have in the beginning.

Fixed that though, thanks for pointing it out.

Posted Image

shk666

shk666
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 15 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yeah you got me there, I didn't do my duty and move this to the Trash Talk like I should have in the beginning.

You know I always have your back bro!  ;)

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshk666, on 15 January 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Personally, Im not sold on KS and Im a Bama homer.  Lots of people thought Kevin Steele was great too until he got out from underneath Saban, then we all know what happened when he got to Clemson.

I never thought Kevin Steele was worth shat, was lazy on the recruiting trail and mediocre on the field coach.

But definitely not sold on KS, just love how the Georgia fans have to comment every time. :trollface:

Edited by Tider27, 15 January 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Posted Image

shk666

shk666
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 15 January 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

I never thought Kevin Steele was worth shat, was lazy on the recruiting trail and mediocre on the field coach.

But definitely not sold on KS, just love how the Georgia fans have to comment every time. :trollface:

I liked him personally, have a buddy who is alum and former linebacker at Clemson and when KS left I told him what a good hire it was for them.  Then West Virginia happened.....oops!  Ha

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 15 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

How much does he get paid at UA? Maybe he's for the possibility to become HC at Bama when Saban retires. Can't imagine he'd stay more than 5 years from here on out. He's dominating college football and the stress has to be incredibly tiring.

Got a raise the year that Georgia courted him. I think he's making 950k a year? Just shy of a mil.

Edit: He's been getting a raise every year after Georgia courted him. to 750k, to 850k, and now 950k. With bonuses he's over a mil.

Edited by nooneLT, 15 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 15 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Too bad you waited so long to trash talk the thread........yeah, you should have moved it when the sand got in your vagina after your first couple of posts on the first page.......you were the one that trashed it......

Edited by ECDawg, 15 January 2013 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image

Apes

Apes
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why do ppl keep posting picture of my family and talk about rustling jimmies... >:(
Posted Image