When will Kirby Smart get a HC job? - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

When will Kirby Smart get a HC job?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
.....or will he be satisfied being Nick Saban's version of Mickey Andrews?
Posted Image

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.  

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Or waiting for Saban to retire to take charge of the juggernaut? He's allowed to be picky with his first choice of schools.

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When he wants one.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He'll get tired of waiting and take some HC job in the SEC. My guess is it'll happen before Saban gets ready to leave, which may be a while depending on his motivation.That's how I see it going down at least, but make no mistakes about it...he hasn't been overly active in moving on.

Why would you though? We can make assumptions of him not wanting to leave his shadow or progress in his career, but when you're this successful and make this kind of money at a young age, what's the rush? He's only 37, so obviously he has many years left to prove his worth as a Head Coach. Calling plays for the nation's best program and best defensive unit year in and year out, well that's a job worth taking advantage of until something big comes along.

Edited by Tider27, 08 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Right at a million dollars a year and job security.  Where is Gene Chizik today?  It is a rough and tumble profession and you have to step out in the right direction or you'll fall right under the wheels of the bus.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 January 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

I don't think he's as hot a commodity as fans seem to think. There were some big jobs open this off-season and apparently nobody bothered to call him.

I'll go with the idea that any coordinators that have 3 NC rings, no matter their participation in preparation, will be a hot commodity. But what do I know, guess I'm just a homer.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 January 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I have no doubt that he's received calls about being a coordinator. But y'all used to claim he was waiting for bigger jobs to come open. The "bigness" of the jobs that have come open the past couple years has been pretty big. He hasn't gotten any of them. Thus I'm forced to conclude that either he just doesn't want to be a HC, or those programs haven't offered him a job. It's a logical conclusion.

Which jobs you eluding to? Maybe it's my Bama eyes again but I'm glad he didn't move on to Tennessee or Auburn, and realistically...how "big" are they right now? There are big jobs and then there are, "Is this the right situation for me?". Quite honestly I didn't see a fit for him in any of the job openings, maybe Arkansas but why would he want to play against Bama every year? I call that being realistic too though haha.

Edited by Tider27, 08 January 2013 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 08 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I'll go with the idea that any coordinators that have 3 NC rings, no matter their participation in preparation, will be a hot commodity. But what do I know, guess I'm just a homer.

By your logic, teams should be lining up for Gene Chizik.

Edited by Dawgy_Style, 08 January 2013 - 11:25 AM.

View Postbmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 08 January 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

By your logic, teams should be lining up for Gene Chizik.

Mmm, yeah. Because Gene Chizik had 3 NCs from a coordinator position??

Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Its convenient being a D coordinator when your given the best highschool recruits year in and year out and have Saban as the HC. No doubt he's learning a lot from Saban tho
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

It is your Bama eyes. The offers simply don't get any better than UT, Auburn or Arkansas. If he didn't want any of those because he would have had to play Bama every year then I doubt anybody would really want him, because if you're not driven to compete with the best, then why should anybody hire you?

I don't think anybody except Auburn had serious talks with him though. Apparently nobody at Wisconsin or Texas Tech or any of the other BCS programs showed interest either.

Well then if it's my Bama eyes, it's your Georgia eyes. You obviously have posted a little jilted since he turned down UGA, that's alright though...we get that. Maybe you should consider him to be "spoiled" or "snobby" then? Why move on from Bama when it's realistically the job he could ultimately have? None of those jobs compare to it naturally, you know it...I know it.

Auburn is a dumpster fire with idiots running the show, Tennessee the same but more of a chance to rebound. Arkansas is Arkansas, a solid job but too tall of a task. Personally it doesn't hurt my feelings at all if he's not a "hot commodity". Means more success here at Bama for us fans, but the fact his name comes up in every head coach opening leaves me to believe you're just as biased on this topic as I am.

Edited by Tider27, 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 08 January 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

It is your Bama eyes. The offers simply don't get any better than UT, Auburn or Arkansas. If he didn't want any of those because he would have had to play Bama every year then I doubt anybody would really want him, because if you're not driven to compete with the best, then why should anybody hire you?

I don't think anybody except Auburn had serious talks with him though. Apparently nobody at Wisconsin or Texas Tech or any of the other BCS programs showed interest either.

I aprecciate that you are trying to rain on the Bama parade.
I just don't have the strength to join you.
They are blind.

Edited by JoeGator, 08 January 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostTider27, on 08 January 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Mmm, yeah. Because Gene Chizik had 3 NCs from a coordinator position??

yeah he had 2 basically, and 1 as a head coach, so really hes a hotter commodity than smart. Do I believe you're wrong? no, do I believe your logic is shitty? yes.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostTider27, on 08 January 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Well then if it's my Bama eyes, it's your Georgia eyes. You obviously have posted a little jilted since he turned down UGA, that's alright though...we get that. Maybe you should consider him to be "spoiled" or "snobby" then? Why move on from Bama when it's realistically the job he could ultimately have? None of those jobs compare to it naturally, you know it...I know it.

Auburn is a dumpster fire with idiots running the show, Tennessee the same but more of a chance to rebound. Arkansas is Arkansas, a solid job but too tall of a task. Personally it doesn't hurt my feelings at all if he's not a "hot commodity". Means more success here at Bama for us fans, but the fact his name comes up in every head coach opening leaves me to believe you're just as biased on this topic as I am.

if you honestly believe auburn will not rebound within the next two years you are more of a homer than I thought. That or you just haven't been paying attention...
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 08 January 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

yeah he had 2 basically, and 1 as a head coach, so really hes a hotter commodity than smart. Do I believe you're wrong? no, do I believe your logic is shitty? yes.

To even bring up Gene Chizik, after his dumpster fire of a season...compared to a coordinator who hasn't even had his shot...

Yeah, both of you have shittier logic.

Posted Image