Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

What our programs our worth

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 07 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

The study also counts expenses to cash flow and, currently we have a 150 mil stadium expansion to be done by 2014 2015 to account for among other things we are doing to make ourselves a player in the SEC, I'd be interested to see this study when we aren't undergoing major renovations or expenditures.

Also it's easy to create fuzzy numbers when you spend more on lights for your basketball court than you do football recruiting... I'm sure your margin for profit at Kentucky is fantastic at that expenditure to profit ratio...

http://deadspin.com/...ball-recruiting

U MAD

LMAO
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So we just gonna act like the title of this thread isn't "what our programs our worth"?

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 07 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

U MAD

LMAO

Hardly, just clarifying the formula used in solving for X value, and that your priority is basketball not football.  No reason to transform into a 5th grader and mash your caps lock over facts.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 07 January 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hardly, just clarifying the formula used in solving for X value, and that your priority is basketball not football.  No reason to transform into a 5th grader and mash your caps lock over facts.

Yep...U MAD!  Lmao
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 07 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Texas is a ripoff.  How'd they finish this year?
9-4
Posted Image

TigerWalk

TigerWalk
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 07 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

I know some of our Auburn fans won't like this next phrase I will use but hasn't Auburn always been considered the little brother to Alabama in terms of their program?  I'm not trying to disrespect you but I just feel like Alabama has so much more going for it than Auburn has.

*shrug* How many teams in the nation wouldn't be called "little brother" if stuck in the same state as Alabama?

Historically, I think Auburn football has done an outstanding job of competing and winning based on what we've had to work with.

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 07 January 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

The study also counts expenses to cash flow and, currently we have a 150 mil stadium expansion to be done by 2014 2015 to account for among other things we are doing to make ourselves a player in the SEC, I'd be interested to see this study when we aren't undergoing major renovations or expenditures.

Also it's easy to create fuzzy numbers when you spend more on lights for your basketball court than you do football recruiting... I'm sure your margin for profit at Kentucky is fantastic at that expenditure to profit ratio...

http://deadspin.com/...ball-recruiting

Recruiting expenses? If that's the case Toledo is better than both of you.

http://espn.go.com/c...cost-recruiting
HelmMap.gif

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

So we just gonna act like the title of this thread isn't "what our programs our worth"?
I've been waiting for someone to see that. Can't believe it went 4 pages in
Posted Image

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 07 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Some people believe that Alabama has 14 legitimately recognized NC's and that Barack Obama is a good president. If you repeat the same lie over and over again eventually people forget that it isn't true.

Auburn's athletic program in swimming has been extremely dominant over the last decade in a half and I'd say we're better than Bama in a lot of sports, though Jay Jacobs is doing a good job at :lanekiffin:ing us in other sports as well...
...and we all know what the swimming team can do for the value of your football program.  ; )  Seriously though, SCAR owes a lot of gratitude for being a part of such a successful conference.  I can't imagine trying to compete without getting that massive check from the conference every year.  It's only going to get better now that we've opened up the Texas and St. Louis television markets.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
*are

:trollface:
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 08 January 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

...and we all know what the swimming team can do for the value of your football program.  ; )  Seriously though, SCAR owes a lot of gratitude for being a part of such a successful conference.  I can't imagine trying to compete without getting that massive check from the conference every year.  It's only going to get better now that we've opened up the Texas and St. Louis television markets.

You'd be surprised. When you're successful in other programs they money is usually seen in the football program. Everyone knows that if the football program does better that the other programs' success will be spotlighted during football games, so if people want the swimming team to get wide recognition, they need the football team to do well. It's kind of dumb, but it's how I've seen things work at the high school and college levels.

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 08 January 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

I've been waiting for someone to see that. Can't believe it went 4 pages in
I saw it, but grammerpolicing is for loser conferences.
HelmMap.gif

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPorcine, on 08 January 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

I saw it, but grammerpolicing is for loser conferences.

It's grammAr....and grammar policing is two words. Problem?