Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Murray Returning

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 January 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

I shit you not there's a thread on 247 about "How will the Murray news sit with Hutson Mason?" I'm like, "WHO THE :lanekiffin: GIVES A SHIT?" These people act like we've got Aaron Rodgers sitting on the bench and we should appease him by giving him meaningful snaps in a ball game that's still in doubt. It's patently absurd.

Huston Mason is what, a three star? I understand he broke a lot of state records for passing but our state isn't exactly known for an amazing passing game at the high school level.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is fantastic news. Even if Murray's senior season regresses back to freshman levels of production, this offense should still be sick and able to outscore folks.

To me, it's good news for 2014 as well. Nothing against our current backups, but I don't see Mason or Lemay being the next guy. I think this also gives Brice Ramsey a redshirt year to learn the system so he can take the reigns in 2014.
Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 January 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Huston Mason is what, a three star? I understand he broke a lot of state records for passing but our state isn't exactly known for an amazing passing game at the high school level.

Something like that. He's out of Lassiter in Marietta. I don't know why it matters. I guess that old joke about the backup QB being the most popular guy on the football team rings especially true in our fan base, even when the starter is breaking almost every record in the book.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 07 January 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

This is fantastic news. Even if Murray's senior season regresses back to freshman levels of production, this offense should still be sick and able to outscore folks.

To me, it's good news for 2014 as well. Nothing against our current backups, but I don't see Mason or Lemay being the next guy. I think this also gives Brice Ramsey a redshirt year to learn the system so he can take the reigns in 2014.

There's a small minority of fans who seem to think that LeMay actually has a future here. That one perplexes me as well. The guy can't beat out a walk-on (Parker Welch) to be the 3rd string guy. He's gotten some PT, too, against FAU I remember. Just hasn't looked good. Now that Mason is no longer red-shirting, LeMay will never see the field again, especially with Ramsey coming on this year.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 January 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

There's a small minority of fans who seem to think that LeMay actually has a future here. That one perplexes me as well. The guy can't beat out a walk-on (Parker Welch) to be the 3rd string guy. He's gotten some PT, too, against FAU I remember. Just hasn't looked good. Now that Mason is no longer red-shirting, LeMay will never see the field again, especially with Ramsey coming on this year.

Nothing has shown me that LeMay will be the next guy. I had high hopes for him coming in. I wouldn't be completely shocked to be proven wrong though...it's not a perfect comparison, but if you recall, Shockley looked pretty sloppy in his mop-up duties when he was Greene's #2.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I agree about Lemay but Mason has looked good in practice and in the few times he's been in. Not saying he should be starting over Murray by any means at all, just that he's not a bad option at backup