Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Getting a Concealed Weapon Permit

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 06 January 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

I do have a legal right to carry in public places. As for "bars" there are laws in place to deal with mixing guns and booze. Why not treat them like cars? If Im not drinking I can drive under the law so why not carry? If I am at my favorite italian restuant that serves drinks why should my right be abridged if the owner allows it? You do know that private property owners can simply post a no fire arms sign and prohibit them. As for schools, let the districts handle it.

we should start our own thread for this cause I don't want to hijack this one anymore than it already has been, but the answer you were looking for was "both are terrible ideas"
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
just found a S&W 9MM here in memphis for $320, what do yall think?? good price??...

they also have a 870, i'm thinking if i could get both for around $600, that might be a good deal??

Posted Image

GTHOM

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If its a sigma or SD run not walk away. The triggers on those are horrid.

View Postcarwwest, on 06 January 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

just found a S&W 9MM here in memphis for $320, what do yall think?? good price??...

they also have a 870, i'm thinking if i could get both for around $600, that might be a good deal??

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 06 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Our concealed weapons class was great today.  I really learned a lot.  The man who taught it has an extensive background in training policemen, FBI agents, and the military in the use of captured (foreign) weapons.  He really knew his stuff.  Now, I am seriously thinking that I want to get a 9 mm and that is what I will be shopping for.

If you really like the feel of the Walther p22 Here is the same gun in a 9mm.

I have both the 22 and 9mm and use the 9mm as my carry gun while using the 22 as a practice gun. They have the same feel just a lightly different weight. I love Walther made guns and have several in my collection.

http://www.smith-wes...tegory_rn=43326

Edited by Hothotz, 07 January 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 06 January 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

well as a soon to be gun owner, i can definitely see how some people can be comfortable with guns and some just cant...i have only shot a handgun a few times but my friends have had them, i have learned how to clean them, but for example, my brother-in-law should NEVER touch a tazer, let alone a gun...me and my wife are going to do the handgun permit class in 2 weeks hopefully...if she cant go, i might see if it can get in the night class next week before my classes start...i have been to the range and the woods enough to know my away around firearms but i want us both to get proper training...plus, i want to shoot a few different guns to figure out what i want to buy...my sister's boyfriend is a handgun freak and we are going to go shoot some soon and he said he would probably sale me whichever one i liked the most...so hopefully, i'll have a handgun and shotgun in the next few weeks....

also, this thread has given me lots of help in which guns i want to try...

If you look up a range in your area ask if they have a extensive rental collection. Then you can go and shoot a lot of different types of weapons to get a feel of what your most comfortable with.

I took my fiancae to a local range thinking she would want something simple like a Lady Smith, ended up walking out with a Pink Springfield XD.

Edited by Hothotz, 07 January 2013 - 07:04 AM.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 06 January 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I don't believe you have a right to have a concealed weapon in a public space,

I'd suggest you go look up the recent federal court decisions that say yes indeed we the people do have a right to carry a weapon in some form.  That in fact "bear arms" means exactly what it says.  Whether you believe that legal fact or not isn't relevant...

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You cannot have a concealed firearm in a federal building if I remember correctly.  My order has been "processing" since December 19th.  Gees!

Posted Image