Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2012 NFL Playoffs Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

Highball

Highball
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 14 January 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Ravens v. Patriots in the AFC title game, Falcons v. 49ers in the NFC.

Ravens had a real nice win out in Denver, and this was a real close game last year, but I have to give Brady the edge if I gotta pick.

Falcons finally exorcised their post-season demon. You could see it creeping in their minds in the 2nd half,, but they overcame. With that off their back, I would expect a more complete performance next week versus the 49ers, and I think the Falcons are a better team and will get the W. Kaepernick has looked great in San Francisco, but the Dome is going to be ready to erupt next week.
I feel the same way about the Ravens, but it would be awesome to see Tony G. and Ray Lewis play their last game in the Super Bowl against each other.

I think with a playoff win under their belts, the team will finally be able to play to their full potential for four quarters. They WANT this win and they WANT that Super Bowl berth. I think they come out swinging like they did against the New York Giants last month. On the other side of the field, three out of four of San Francisco's losses this season came on the road (Seattle, St. Louis, and Minnesota), two of which they lost by 10 or more points. They've also got a few key guys who are lightly banged up (J. Smith, Gore) and it seems as though loud crowds rattle Kaep a bit (look at what happened to them in Seattle) so both of those will work in our favor. I don't expect us to win by more than 10 points because our D has a problem with running quarterbacks, but their DB's aren't as good as Seattle's and we hung 30 points on them. I really think it's all going to come down to our defense and how many points they allow.

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHighball, on 15 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

I feel the same way about the Ravens, but it would be awesome to see Tony G. and Ray Lewis play their last game in the Super Bowl against each other.

I think with a playoff win under their belts, the team will finally be able to play to their full potential for four quarters. They WANT this win and they WANT that Super Bowl berth. I think they come out swinging like they did against the New York Giants last month. On the other side of the field, three out of four of San Francisco's losses this season came on the road (Seattle, St. Louis, and Minnesota), two of which they lost by 10 or more points. They've also got a few key guys who are lightly banged up (J. Smith, Gore) and it seems as though loud crowds rattle Kaep a bit (look at what happened to them in Seattle) so both of those will work in our favor. I don't expect us to win by more than 10 points because our D has a problem with running quarterbacks, but their DB's aren't as good as Seattle's and we hung 30 points on them. I really think it's all going to come down to our defense and how many points they allow.

Kaep had a bad game against Seattle, but won in away games at New England and New Orleans. One of  loses away was an Akers missed field goal in St. Louis.