Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Alabama Football Players Sent Home After Curfew Violations

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
from SI.com

A little extracurricular activity by two Alabama Crimson Tide football players has them catching a ride back home to Tuscaloosa, just days before the BCS National Championship game.
The Crimson White, the student newspaper of the University of Alabama, named freshman linebackers Dillon Lee and Ryan Anderson as the players sent home for what has been called a violation of team rules.
The university would not confirm the names of the players, and head coach Nick Saban issued a brief statement on the matter.
“We sent two player home due to a curfew violation,” Saban said in the statement.
Lee appeared in eight games for the Tide in the 2012 season, recording one tackle and an interception against Michigan. Anderson has not played this season.
While the loss of the two freshmen is not seen as a blow to the team from a competitiveness standpoint, it sends a message that actions have consequences when preparing for a critical game.

Edited by CrimsoNation713, 04 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sounds embarrassing.  Hope they stay focused.

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I expected Anderson to contribute this season but he just couldn't crack the rotation. He has the ability to be a big time name for us, and as for Lee I see him being a consistent back up and special teams guy.

Anyway, it's Miami...I half expected some stupid shat. Glad it was from two guys who don't have an effect, but still embarrassed for them.

Posted Image