Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Jarvis Jones To Declare For 2013 NFL Draft

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://bleacherrepor...nters-nfl-draft

Jones is considered to be one of the best players—if not the best player—coming out of college this year, and is ranked as the No. 1 linebacker available, according to ESPN draft scouts. He is also the No. 1 player on the big board of draft expert Mel Kiper.
Jones was named an AP All-American for the second straight season in 2012, becoming only the fourth Bulldogs player to earn the honor at least twice in his career.
He led Georgia with 12.5 sacks this past season, ranking fourth-best in the nation in that category. Jones actually finished second in the country in sacks in 2011 as a sophomore, tallying 13.5 in 14 games. He also led the country in tackles for a loss (22.5) and forced fumbles (seven) this season.

At 6'2", 242 pounds, the 23-year-old Jones boasts ideal size and build for an NFL linebacker. His speed and agility are also top-notch and sure to translate well to the next level. His stellar play in arguably the toughest conference in college football, along with his durability, makes him a sure-fire first-round pick and certainly a lock to go somewhere in the Top Five.
    Jones played one season at USC in 2009 before transferring to Georgia. He was redshirted after transferring to Athens in 2010.
    A native of Columbus, Georgia, Jones was a finalist for the Bednarik, Nagurski, Butkus and Lombardi awards. He will play his last game for Georgia on New Year's Day against Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando.
    The NFL Scouting Combine is set for Feb. 23-26 in Indianapolis and the 2013 NFL draft is scheduled for April 25-27 in New York.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
    • Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:
    Sorry to hear Sacman Jones is leaving UGA.  Best of luck to you Jarvis. You will be great on Sundays. Thank you for everything and good luck

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
    • Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:
    FWIW, he hasn't announced this yet. It's expected that he will but he still has made no announcement.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:
    I'll be pissed at him if he decides to stay
    Posted Image

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:
    As a Gamecock fan I approve this thread.  

In all seriousness even though he didn't do much against us he was one of the best players in college this year.  I was glad to see UGA get him back for So Cal.

He will be a big playmaker in the NFL.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Djshockley3

Djshockley3
    • Members
    • PipPipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:

Best of luck to Jarvis, hope he has a great NFL career.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 04 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'll be pissed at him if he decides to stay
    He needs to go make his money. He was fun to watch.
    "Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

OneBigDawg

OneBigDawg
    • Members
    • PipPip
    • Cash:
    • High Fives:
    As much as I'd like him to stay he would be insane not to go pro........
    Hot damn here I am!!