Auburn Coaching Staff - Page 3 - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Auburn Coaching Staff

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#31
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View Postptclaus98, on 03 January 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

With the exception of CP, our STs have been HORRIBLE since Wilhoit and Colquitt left.

That's very true, but we're right there with you... The sad part is that if our schools had combined and made one team in 2012 we still probably wouldn't have been all that great, but at least y'all's offense would have kept Tenneburn competitive!
I'm honestly surprised that we were able to get him away from the NFL but my guess is that the Chargers told him he wouldn't be the next head coach and that we lucked out.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32
Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

    Boared Cynic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,627
  • Joined:
    Feb 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    507

View PostPenguin, on 03 January 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

I thought we lost Craig, with this addition its 9/10 wtf I'm literally ecstatic right now...wtfwtfwtf, people better watch the :lanekiffin: out, if this staff meshes well we will be on Bama's level sooner rather than later.

lol

#33
Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

    Boared Cynic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,627
  • Joined:
    Feb 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    507
Who all did yall hire?

#34
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,816
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,550
9/10

All of these guys are not only great coaches, but they are fantastic recruiters. It's impressive that we cleaned house, yet are still holding the majority of our class together. Usually when teams clean house, they lose 5-10 of their recruits. How many did UT lose when all of the Kiffin's left? I can't wait to see who this staff targets next season, and I'm even more excited to see the results on the field. Because they will come.


@BatesvilleBaron Y'all should get rid of Mullen and hire Chizik. At least he could beat Northwestern.

#35
AUskip07

AUskip07

    Time to make History

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,716
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,933

View PostPork Rinds, on 03 January 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Who all did yall hire?

former Auburn QB   Dameyum Craig.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

#36
BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    2,496
  • Joined:
    Aug 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,078

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 04 January 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

9/10



@BatesvilleBaron Y'all should get rid of Mullen and hire Chizik. At least he could beat Northwestern.

May be have Trooper instead?

#37
nova

nova

    Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,980
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,561

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 03 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yeah, I hate getting rejects that coached the top cornerback in the country, had one of the best defenses in the country three years in a row, just won top recruiter in the country by Rivals, etc. we should be very sad with who we've gotten this year.

....Or not.

If you say so.  My take of your ex-MSU guys:

Ellis Johnson: Good coach.  That's the one guaranteed home-run hire among them.  EJ is a damn fine coordinator.

Charlie Harbison:  2007 was good with him, but given how bad 2008 was defensively, I'd say 2007 was left over Ellis Johnson.  Could be wrong about him since my data set is limited.

Melvin Smith:  He's ok, but attributing Banks success to Smith is like attributing Newtons success to whomever was your QBs coach was in '10.  Banks is talented enough to be damn good regardless.  Smith isn't a bad coach, but he's not a superstar either.  There's a reason he's been a position coach his whole career.

JB Grimes: ROFLMAO.  Not a good judge or developer of talent and a Posted Imageing HORRIBLE O line coach.  Grimes OLs are as leaky as submarine screen doors.  It was like an annual event during the Croom years.  3rd offensive play of the season, linebacker would get loose, blast our QB and break his collarbone.  Hope your QB is a tough SB.  I'd bet money he's the first one fired off the staff and probably with good reason.

#38
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View Postnova, on 04 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:



If you say so.  My take of your ex-MSU guys:

Ellis Johnson: Good coach.  That's the one guaranteed home-run hire among them.  EJ is a damn fine coordinator.

Charlie Harbison:  2007 was good with him, but given how bad 2008 was defensively, I'd say 2007 was left over Ellis Johnson.  Could be wrong about him since my data set is limited.

Melvin Smith:  He's ok, but attributing Banks success to Smith is like attributing Newtons success to whomever was your QBs coach was in '10.  Banks is talented enough to be damn good regardless.  Smith isn't a bad coach, but he's not a superstar either.  There's a reason he's been a position coach his whole career.

JB Grimes: ROFLMAO.  Not a good judge or developer of talent and a Posted Imageing HORRIBLE O line coach.  Grimes OLs are as leaky as submarine screen doors.  It was like an annual event during the Croom years.  3rd offensive play of the season, linebacker would get loose, blast our QB and break his collarbone.  Hope your QB is a tough SB.  I'd bet money he's the first one fired off the staff and probably with good reason.

Like I said in other this thread or some other thread, I don't view Harbinson and Smith as great secondary coaches but they're both above average and can be good. Newton was great but Malzahn's absolutely helped him become greater. Banks is great but I don't doubt that Smith mad him greater, too. Also, y'all have had pretty strong cornerback play outside of Banks during Smith's tenure.

I agree on Grimes not being a good hire but I don't think he'll completely suck and I have win that Gus' schemes will make our O-line successful.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,236
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    11,496

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 04 January 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

It's impressive that we cleaned house, yet are still holding the majority of our class together. Usually when teams clean house, they lose 5-10 of their recruits. How many did UT lose when all of the Kiffin's left? I can't wait to see who this staff targets next season, and I'm even more excited to see the results on the field. Because they will come.

I think most teams "lose" recruits after a staff turnover come NSD.

Zook to Meyer and Meyer to Muschamp have gone smooth.
Spurrier to Zook actually bumped us up in recruiting, weirdly enough.

#40
nova

nova

    Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,980
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,561

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 04 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I agree on Grimes not being a good hire but I don't think he'll completely suck and I have win that Gus' schemes will make our O-line successful.

Can't say I agree with that one.  The spread requires smarter more athletic OLs that execute better.  A Grimes line is so fat, dumb and slow they can't get out of their own way.  Like I said, I'd bet $$ he's the first in the unemployment line.  I think everybody else is good enough to keep their job but not him...

#41
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

    More than 200 rushing yards!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    3,496
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,278

View Postnova, on 04 January 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:



Can't say I agree with that one.  The spread requires smarter more athletic OLs that execute better.  A Grimes line is so fat, dumb and slow they can't get out of their own way.  Like I said, I'd bet $$ he's the first in the unemployment line.  I think everybody else is good enough to keep their job but not him...

Well, the thing about that is that most of our O-linemen were already recruited FOR Malzahn's spread so we won't have that issue this year and I doubt Gus lets him get fat, dumb linemen over the linemen that Gus prefers in the future.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42
KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

    ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,314
  • Joined:
    Jan 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,763
BB and nova, you have much to learn. This is a Aub board.... you must tote the Aub party line or you are "trolling." Don't you dare bring in previous knowledge of obvious deficiencies of each of the assistants Auburn has brought in, because obviously every assistant coach Auburn hires is better than every head coach in the NFL.

I thought about trying to discuss my opinions on the coaches, because a significant portion coached at MSU, but decided it wasn't worth it when I saw one of you say Melvin Smith is the Gus Malzahn of defensive backs coaches....

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration


#43
JDawg

JDawg

    I'm from the LANDMASS

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,734
  • Joined:
    Mar 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,570

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 03 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

The only trolls on our board are FCN (now forward rebel) and JDawg.

I catch flack for being a realist.

Well Posted Image you too.

FIRE EVERYONE


#44
JDawg

JDawg

    I'm from the LANDMASS

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,734
  • Joined:
    Mar 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,570

View Postnova, on 04 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

If you say so.  My take of your ex-MSU guys:

Ellis Johnson: Good coach.  That's the one guaranteed home-run hire among them.  EJ is a damn fine coordinator.

Charlie Harbison:  2007 was good with him, but given how bad 2008 was defensively, I'd say 2007 was left over Ellis Johnson.  Could be wrong about him since my data set is limited.

Melvin Smith:  He's ok, but attributing Banks success to Smith is like attributing Newtons success to whomever was your QBs coach was in '10.  Banks is talented enough to be damn good regardless.  Smith isn't a bad coach, but he's not a superstar either.  There's a reason he's been a position coach his whole career.

JB Grimes: ROFLMAO.  Not a good judge or developer of talent and a :lanekiffin:ing HORRIBLE O line coach.  Grimes OLs are as leaky as submarine screen doors.  It was like an annual event during the Croom years.  3rd offensive play of the season, linebacker would get loose, blast our QB and break his collarbone.  Hope your QB is a tough SB.  I'd bet money he's the first one fired off the staff and probably with good reason.

Hhaha have fun with Grimes.  I have no quarrels with any of the other Crxxm retreads they hired.

FIRE EVERYONE


#45
FearlessandTrue

FearlessandTrue
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    45
  • Joined:
    Jul 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13

View PostMeo Stansbury, on 04 January 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

BB and nova, you have much to learn. This is a Aub board.... you must tote the Aub party line or you are "trolling." Don't you dare bring in previous knowledge of obvious deficiencies of each of the assistants Auburn has brought in, because obviously every assistant coach Auburn hires is better than every head coach in the NFL.

I thought about trying to discuss my opinions on the coaches, because a significant portion coached at MSU, but decided it wasn't worth it when I saw one of you say Melvin Smith is the Gus Malzahn of defensive backs coaches....
As the creator of this topic, I want to know your input on the staff. I am trying familiarize myself with the coaching staff so go for it.