Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Fire muschamp

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Muschamp's a helluva lot more laid back than he was last season; and he's even talked about it all season. Specifically said he couldn't expect his players to act right if he wasn't a better example. Winning more this year had a lot to do with it, I'm sure.

Gidnik is clueless, as usual; probably still in mourning over losing him, as Texas is still stinking up the Big 12. Of course, Muschamp's always going to be passionate, which is the primary reason top players and prospects want to play for him.

I remember reading their comments when he was at Texas, and he got the nickname BOOM because he got as fired up as the players, which they all loved.

All that said, he and Pease botched the bowl game big-time. UL ranks like 7th in their conference in rush defense and 1st in pass defense; and what do we do to start the game? Rush the ball with Gilly, right? Nope, throw a pick-6. Momentum straight to UL.

Came out in the 2nd half and did the same thing. Instead of making those halftime adjustments on defense that have allowed us to come from behind 8 times this year, they try a STUPID onside kick to put us on offense first, and with the penalty give them the ball in the red zone to start the half. TD UL and once again, give away all the momentum.

The game reminded me of the 2008-09 Bama-Utah Sugar Bowl... 1 team's players playing like it's the Super Bowl, and most of the other team's players playing like they'd rather be anywhere else and others thinking about what round of the draft they might go in. Pathetic disgrace in the bowl game this year... hopefully Muschamp learned the same valuable lessons Saban did.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It hurt, but I saw a poster on another board say something along the lines of....

Our coaches didn't want to be there, our players didn't want to be there, and our fans didn't want to be there.
We got what we wanted.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 04 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

It hurt, but I saw a poster on another board say something along the lines of....

Our coaches didn't want to be there, our players didn't want to be there, and our fans didn't want to be there.
We got what we wanted.

I don't understand that though. If someone had told the Gators in August that they would end up in the Sugar Bowl, Gator nation would have jumped for joy. What gives?
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 04 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I don't understand that though. If someone had told the Gators in August that they would end up in the Sugar Bowl, Gator nation would have jumped for joy. What gives?

It was a Wednesday at 8:30pm
I assume everyone was at work like me.
I haven't missed a bowl game in years, but this one wasn't even an option because you have to 3 or 4 days off AFTER the holidays.
The 6th or 7th best team we played this year wasn't enticing either.
The crowd was being blown out of proportion though, it wasn't a Louisville home game, we just had absolutely no reason to get loud the entire game.

I think the preseason expectations are the only thing keeping everyone from jumping off cliffs, because we would have sacrificed an army of first borns to go 11-2.

Edited by JoeGator, 04 January 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 04 January 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

It was a Wednesday at 8:30pm
I assume everyone was at work like me.
I haven't missed a bowl game in years, but this one wasn't even an option because you have to 3 or 4 days off AFTER the holidays.
The 6th or 7th best team we played this year wasn't enticing either.
The crowd was being blown out of proportion though, it wasn't a Louisville home game, we just had absolutely no reason to get loud the entire game.

I think the preseason expectations are the only thing keeping everyone from jumping off cliffs, because we would have sacrificed an army of first borns to go 11-2.
florida returned 10000 tickets
Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 04 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Muschamp's a helluva lot more laid back than he was last season; and he's even talked about it all season. Specifically said he couldn't expect his players to act right if he wasn't a better example. Winning more this year had a lot to do with it, I'm sure.

Gidnik is clueless, as usual; probably still in mourning over losing him, as Texas is still stinking up the Big 12. Of course, Muschamp's always going to be passionate, which is the primary reason top players and prospects want to play for him.

I remember reading their comments when he was at Texas, and he got the nickname BOOM because he got as fired up as the players, which they all loved.

All that said, he and Pease botched the bowl game big-time. UL ranks like 7th in their conference in rush defense and 1st in pass defense; and what do we do to start the game? Rush the ball with Gilly, right? Nope, throw a pick-6. Momentum straight to UL.

Came out in the 2nd half and did the same thing. Instead of making those halftime adjustments on defense that have allowed us to come from behind 8 times this year, they try a STUPID onside kick to put us on offense first, and with the penalty give them the ball in the red zone to start the half. TD UL and once again, give away all the momentum.

The game reminded me of the 2008-09 Bama-Utah Sugar Bowl... 1 team's players playing like it's the Super Bowl, and most of the other team's players playing like they'd rather be anywhere else and others thinking about what round of the draft they might go in. Pathetic disgrace in the bowl game this year... hopefully Muschamp learned the same valuable lessons Saban did.
players loved him, mack did not
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 04 January 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

florida returned 10000 tickets

Yes?

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Should have sent UGA. UGA would have been honored to be in the Sugar Bowl. UF play with 0 heart. Even when they had a chance to come back they were just going through the motions. Pathetic performance. Fire the Chump/Hire the Strong

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Should have sent UGA. UGA would have been honored to be in the Sugar Bowl. UF play with 0 heart. Even when they had a chance to come back they were just going through the motions. Pathetic performance. Fire the Chump/Hire the Strong

What game were you watching?

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 04 January 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

What game were you watching?
The one where the announcers pointed out "why is UF walking to the line, i dont understand this" " Look at them, they just have 0 urgency out there."

I forget if it was before halftime or during the 3rd. Do really think UF played like they wanted to win that game? Aside from Driskell sucking dick, the defense just didnt look hungry at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

The one where the announcers pointed out "why is UF walking to the line, i dont understand this" " Look at them, they just have 0 urgency out there."

I forget if it was before halftime or during the 3rd. Do really think UF played like they wanted to win that game? Aside from Driskell sucking dick, the defense just didnt look hungry at all.

I think they looked like they wanted to be there and like they wanted to play.
I actually thought maybe they were too tight and choked early on.
But it also looked like it was a team of freshman taking the field for the first time.
No one knew where they were supposed to be or what they were doing. It was an epic meltdown that is ALL on the coaches.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 04 January 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

I think they looked like they wanted to be there and like they wanted to play.
I actually thought maybe they were too tight and choked early on.
But it also looked like it was a team of freshman taking the field for the first time.
No one knew where they were supposed to be or what they were doing. It was an epic meltdown that is ALL on the coaches.

Yep. When you start acting like that it rubs off on the players. And im stunned more players didnt get ejected. Putting their hands in the reffs face and such. I despise the Gators normally but showing your ass like that on a big stage isnt cool at all.  Hell even Chipper Jones was embarrased and said so.  

Even when Debose ran that kickoff back you heard minimal cheering from the sidelines and the stands.  Was a hell of a run and hardly anyone got excited.

Posted Image

Posted Image