Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Anyone Else Hate Their Own Fan Base?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 02 January 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I guess being from Bama I don't get it since I live in rural areas and not cities but I don't understand how someone can have the passion for pro sports like I do Alabama football. To answer you there are bad fans in every fanbase some Bama fans take it to far like Harvey but for the most part the fans in my circle just love Alabama football.

I didnt understand it either for 25 years. I loved the Dallas Cowboys, but I dont live and die by win or loss. Then the Thunder came to OKC, the only pro team our state has ever had. Its crazy how they transformed the entire state, and hurt college basketball as well. I love the Thunder and love to watch them play and go to games, and I dont even like the NBA, except for the playoffs.
Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postptclaus98, on 02 January 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

My first legendary post and there's not a half naked slut in sight. You guys are a funny bunch.
Posted Image all of you

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate internet Atlanta Braves fans. Basement dwelling sabermetric nerds.

View Postbmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i only hate the morbidly obese ones.
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 02 January 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I didnt understand it either for 25 years. I loved the Dallas Cowboys, but I dont live and die by win or loss. Then the Thunder came to OKC, the only pro team our state has ever had. Its crazy how they transformed the entire state, and hurt college basketball as well. I love the Thunder and love to watch them play and go to games, and I dont even like the NBA, except for the playoffs.

Maybe if I lived in a state that had pro sports I would understand it more but I can tell you right now I wouldn't keep up with an NBA team if their games were played in my driveway.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 03 January 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Maybe if I lived in a state that had pro sports I would understand it more but I can tell you right now I wouldn't keep up with an NBA team if their games were played in my driveway.

I watched the Thunder at Heat on Chrisas day, full game. That's good for me. The only other full game I have watched is the home opener this season and that's because I was there.
Sterling.jpg

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 03 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

I watched the Thunder at Heat on Chrisas day, full game. That's good for me. The only other full game I have watched is the home opener this season and that's because I was there.

What's the average price of tickets? I went years ago and saw the Hawks.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 02 January 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

What are the other 2 fans like?

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo > all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFAN, on 02 January 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Nah, I really can't, I grew up a UW Husky. I just admire SEC football. This year I plan on making some road trips to tailgate and watch some SEC games so maybe after that I will become more attached to a team.
Maybe you'll have a chance to come to Oxford to watch an Ole Miss game, even other sec fans say the grove is one of the better places to tailgate. :)
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 03 January 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

What's the average price of tickets? I went years ago and saw the Hawks.

The company I work for is one of the corporate sponsors of the Thunder, so I've never paid for a ticket. The seats we get are about 150-180 bucks. Dang goods seats
Sterling.jpg

JL 103

JL 103

Lord of Knoxville

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate our down in front bluehairs at Neyland. Other than that and the few thugs that ruin the Niners national perception, I'm fine with mine.

CCRider

CCRider
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"Anyone else hate their own fan base?"

I wrote that country song, Son!
Posted Image.

Posted Image

If we continue to humor these Missouri Yankees they will start to actually believe they are really in the SEC.  Ppffffftttttt.....Yankees in the SEC....that'll be the day!

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 02 January 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Sometimes I don't like Vanderbilt fans. I love my fellow Preds, Braves, and Titans fans.

But VU fans sometimes irk me with the elitist attitude crap.

BTW, I absolutely love Seattle as a city. It's in my top 5. You're lucky to live there.

I second that. Seattle is a gorgeous place. When you see the moon shining out over the water at night and the little sparkles of light across the water from the houses that sprinkle the hillsides around it.... it is just a sight of such beauty that you can't ever forget. Plus Seattle is rich in urban beauty. The architecture is diverse and interesting. great city!

As far as Alabama fans go, I always laugh when I remember this line a Bama player once uttered on the sidelines after having jumped from the sidelines to tackle someone (Alabama's opponent) who was well on their way to a TD. "I am just too full of Alabama!" Some of us are. :lol:
Posted Image