Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2012 Top Five SEC Football Plays

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I found something else we can all fight about per SECSports:  http://www.secondema...-5-Best-of-2012

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
5 and 4 seemed more like game changing plays. 1,2,3 were good highlights. Top 5 lists can always be argued but I have one that stands out in my mind. When safety Matt Elam (Florida) chased down Odell Beckham (LSU) and nullified a 60 yard gain by stripping that ball against the sideline. That changed that game big time and it was an awesome defensive play. I remember saying OMG that Elam kid made a huge play.

Its play of the week #2 but it should be #1. Late in the 3rd quarter and the game was 7-6. This turnover not only nullified points for LSU but changed the momentum as Florida went down and scored. Easily a 10 to 14 point swing in a game that was going to be decided in the last minutes.

Edited by FAN, 01 January 2013 - 01:00 AM.

thunder down under

thunder down under
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I would've put Yeldon's TD higher and swapped out 4 for Elam chasing down Beckham. Otherwise entertaining list.
Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think that play showed off Manziel's skill set very well.  That play was mostly a bit of luck.  He made several plays against us that I felt were better.

I think the UF play was the biggest one because if the Gators won the NC picture could look different.  There were some plays in the SEC CG that could have made the list also.

Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Flip 4 and 5 and I'm skeptical of #1.  It wasn't really a great play and it wasn't with the game on the line sooo feel like there might've been a better play but since he won the heisman he kinda had to be in there.
Posted Image