Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Trent breaks Jim Brown's rushing record

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For a second consecutive week, former Alabama running back Trent Richardson put himself among elite company in the Cleveland Browns franchise's history.

By clearing 50 yards -- and counting -- today against the Denver Broncos, Richardson passed Hall of Famer Jim Brown for most rushing yards as a rookie. As of the midway point of the third quarter, Richardson had 950 for the season. Brown had 942 in 1957.

Last week, Richardson passed both Eric Metcalf and Brown for most rushing touchdowns as a rookie. Richardson currently has 11, which ranks second in the NFL behind Arian Foster (14).

Richardson has appeared in all 15 games this season, but he's played through multiple injuries, including broken ribs.

Richardson and Brown have been linked ever since the Hall of Famer questioned the Browns for selecting Richardson, whom he labeled as "ordinary," with the third pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. Brown later said that he was only trying to motivate Richardson, whom he's since heaped plenty of praise upon throughout the season.

“That’s my partner, man,” Brown told ESPNCleveland.com in October. “He never took anything I said the wrong way. He’s interested in his family. He’s interested in his team. And he's willing to make sacrifices because really, he's hurt more than you think he is right now."
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah.Dreams, on 24 December 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

For a second consecutive week, former Alabama running back Trent Richardson put himself among elite company in the Cleveland Browns franchise's history.

By clearing 50 yards -- and counting -- today against the Denver Broncos, Richardson passed Hall of Famer Jim Brown for most rushing yards as a rookie. As of the midway point of the third quarter, Richardson had 950 for the season. Brown had 942 in 1957.

Last week, Richardson passed both Eric Metcalf and Brown for most rushing touchdowns as a rookie. Richardson currently has 11, which ranks second in the NFL behind Arian Foster (14).

Richardson has appeared in all 15 games this season, but he's played through multiple injuries, including broken ribs.

Richardson and Brown have been linked ever since the Hall of Famer questioned the Browns for selecting Richardson, whom he labeled as "ordinary," with the third pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. Brown later said that he was only trying to motivate Richardson, whom he's since heaped plenty of praise upon throughout the season.

“That’s my partner, man,” Brown told ESPNCleveland.com in October. “He never took anything I said the wrong way. He’s interested in his family. He’s interested in his team. And he's willing to make sacrifices because really, he's hurt more than you think he is right now."

Cool, but did Brown play in as many games?
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 24 December 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Cool, but did Brown play in as many games?
The great thing about records is they were made to be broken.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Love the crawfish by Brown on "only trying to motivate him".
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah.Dreams, on 24 December 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

The great thing about records is they were made to be broken.

Call me a stick in the mud, but I hate seeing these records fall to teams that would get killed if they played the guys that held the old record. Case in point, Calvin Johnson's 4 win Detroit team vs Jerry Rice's Niners.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Girl/boy cries

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Very proud of Trent! This is just the beginning! :D
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't know, seems like an "ordinary" record that was broken.

Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is this a Browns record or NFL record?
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 24 December 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Is this a Browns record or NFL record?

Richardson is third among rookies in rushing this year. Barely ahead of RG3. He's nowhere near the NFL record.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 24 December 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Richardson is third among rookies in rushing this year. Barely ahead of RG3. He's nowhere near the NFL record.

I know you're just making sure he knows it's a Browns record, but yeah, I just said the Browns.

Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sorry. I don't know shit and only give half a shit about the NFL.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 24 December 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Thanks for that...
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 24 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

I know you're just making sure he knows it's a Browns record, but yeah, I just said the Browns.

Indeed, just had to take a rare opportunity to point out something that Bama had not accomplished. After all, isn't Auburn vs. Alabama what Christmas is all about?

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 24 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Not impressed at all.   They are the browns.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image