Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Your Most Memorable Sports Moment

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

LSU Aaron

LSU Aaron

1.21 Jigowatts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Watching it live at Tiger Stadium, my most memorable moment was the 1988 LSU vs. Auburn "Earthquake Game"

bijoukaiba

bijoukaiba

... or Eimii, that works too.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Actually there -
The Kentucky @ Florida basketball game two years ago. This random guy sitting nearby and I hugged when we won. :D
The LSU/UF game this year.
Even though we lost, going to the F$U/UF game (at least the pregame) last year was exhilarating, like the best feel-good hate ever. Screaming "UF Rejects", the "It's great to be a Florida Gator" cheer, and even an S-E-C chant. The bands at the beginning was great, listening to the Marching Chiefs play this haunting melody and then the Pride of the Sunshine plays our uplifting pre-game fanfare, it felt like this amazing "good vs evil" match was about to take place (unfortunately the evil won).

Witnessed - a lot of the Gators-beating-F$U games.
The Rays going to the World Series for the first time.
Lightning wins the Stanley Cup.
Buccaneers win the Super Bowl.

Actually did -
Winning a gold medal at a Tae Kwon Do event when I was 10.
6-year-old me in cumbersome catcher's uniform resorting to practically tackling a runner to tag him out.

Posted Image

BulldawgNation

BulldawgNation
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2002 SEC Championship
Falcons vs. Vikings Jan of 1998
Red Wings/Avalanche brawl
Braves winning the WS
Mike Vick losing to FSU in the BCSCG
Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For me there are two and both involve my son.

Dizzy Dean District 6 Championship Game - May 19th 2012

Oneonta was facing East Blount in the championship game. It had been a back and forth ordeal and going into the bottom of the 6th (and final) inning we (Oneonta) were down by 2 runs. By the time my son came to bat we were still down by 1 with bases loaded but with two outs. East Blount had their ace closer on the mound. In one of those marathon battles (not usually seen at this age BTW) my son reach a full count after fouling off several pitches. The pitcher came set one last time and released a screaming fastball. My son caught it perfect and launched a rocket deep to left, bringing in both the tying and winning runs to give Oneonta the district championship. Not going to lie, I had tears running down my face when he did that.

Posted Image

Blount County Youth Football League Championship  Game - November 17th, 2012

If you look at the picture in my signature, you'll see my son. He is #77. The picture is one from the game before the championship game. If you look at the picture you'll see the guy my son is blocking (very well I might add) is huge. Winning this game put us in the championship to face Hayden, Hayden was the only team to have beat us in the regular season (7-13). They had speed, good QB, and three guys on the line over 200 lbs (these are 10 & 11 yr olds). Going into the championship game they thought they were going to walk all over us. To make a long story short, we beat them in the championship 24-0. What made it memorable for me though was how my son and the other offensive linemen dominated the line of scrimmage, despite all but one of my linemen (I'm the o-line coach) giving up close to 100 lbs to 3 of the 4 Hayden defensive linemen.

One drive in that game really sticks out to me. We were already up 16-0 going into the 3rd quarter and got the ball to start the 2nd half. At halftime I huddled the offensive line up and told them if they give me every inch of effort they have in this opening drive, they would be champions again (we won it in 2011 as well). In that opening drive our HC called the same play over and over. I was "I Right 32). This means from an I formation the "3" back was to hit the "2" hole which is between the right guard (my son) and the center. This was going right at the best of the Hayden big boys. Play after play my son and the rest of the Oneonta linemen dominated. Their aggression and technique was virtually perfect. We were lopping off 3, 4, 5 yards at a clip. The drive took virtually the entire 3rd quarter and was capped off by a 3 yard TD run. The 2 point conversion was good and put us up by what would be the final score of 24-0. Following this drive you could see Hayden just roll over and quit. Not only did our much smaller offensive linemen get the best of the much bigger Hayden linemen, they broke their will to resist. They made them quit. It was one of the proudest moments of my life as both a father of a football player and a coach.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm going to cheat and use the biggest three moments from my big three sports teams:

Alabama Football:

Devils Hockey:

United States Soccer:

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDarth Vader, on 26 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

For me there are two and both involve my son.

Dizzy Dean District 6 Championship Game - May 19th 2012

Oneonta was facing East Blount in the championship game. It had been a back and forth ordeal and going into the bottom of the 6th (and final) inning we (Oneonta) were down by 2 runs. By the time my son came to bat we were still down by 1 with bases loaded but with two outs. East Blount had their ace closer on the mound. In one of those marathon battles (not usually seen at this age BTW) my son reach a full count after fouling off several pitches. The pitcher came set one last time and released a screaming fastball. My son caught it perfect and launched a rocket deep to left, bringing in both the tying and winning runs to give Oneonta the district championship. Not going to lie, I had tears running down my face when he did that.

Posted Image

Blount County Youth Football League Championship  Game - November 17th, 2012

If you look at the picture in my signature, you'll see my son. He is #77. The picture is one from the game before the championship game. If you look at the picture you'll see the guy my son is blocking (very well I might add) is huge. Winning this game put us in the championship to face Hayden, Hayden was the only team to have beat us in the regular season (7-13). They had speed, good QB, and three guys on the line over 200 lbs (these are 10 & 11 yr olds). Going into the championship game they thought they were going to walk all over us. To make a long story short, we beat them in the championship 24-0. What made it memorable for me though was how my son and the other offensive linemen dominated the line of scrimmage, despite all but one of my linemen (I'm the o-line coach) giving up close to 100 lbs to 3 of the 4 Hayden defensive linemen.

One drive in that game really sticks out to me. We were already up 16-0 going into the 3rd quarter and got the ball to start the 2nd half. At halftime I huddled the offensive line up and told them if they give me every inch of effort they have in this opening drive, they would be champions again (we won it in 2011 as well). In that opening drive our HC called the same play over and over. I was "I Right 32). This means from an I formation the "3" back was to hit the "2" hole which is between the right guard (my son) and the center. This was going right at the best of the Hayden big boys. Play after play my son and the rest of the Oneonta linemen dominated. Their aggression and technique was virtually perfect. We were lopping off 3, 4, 5 yards at a clip. The drive took virtually the entire 3rd quarter and was capped off by a 3 yard TD run. The 2 point conversion was good and put us up by what would be the final score of 24-0. Following this drive you could see Hayden just roll over and quit. Not only did our much smaller offensive linemen get the best of the much bigger Hayden linemen, they broke their will to resist. They made them quit. It was one of the proudest moments of my life as both a father of a football player and a coach.

Posted Image
I could almost hear Jon Miller calling that at bat.

awesome....
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Watching Tennessee win it all in 1998.Watching the Buccaneers beat the Rams in person ( It was the first Buccaneers game i saw live) Watching the Buccaneers win the Super Bowl. Watching the Lightning win the Stanley cup. Watching Tennessee beat Wisconsin at the Outback Bowl in person. Watching the Rays play in the World Series. Going to the Daytona 500 back in 2009.
Posted Image

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
where to start, i got to play baseball in the 7th inning stretch on the turner field outfield when i was 11...i got to sit in ted turner's seats for some baseball games at turner field, row 1 seat 1...i was one of the first to sit in the new right field section at fenway, got to sit in on the green monster and right behind home plate...reggie jackson is a POS because when i was 10, he refused giving me an autograph at the world series...frank robinson might by the greatest celebrity i've ever met...cal ripken too, he is a great athlete/person...

my first MSU football game, we beat bama 26-14...our seats were on the 7th row on the 50th yard line...i was there when we beat UF and it was 4th and 57 or whatnot haha...

but in terms of my playing days, i was all state in soccer and football in high school...was going to play for jackie sherrill at state, broke my leg, never made it back thanks to croom's racist ass...had a chance with tommy west at memphis and some other small schools but i refused...

related note, the rose bowl with VY against USC was one of the best football games i have ever watched...

Posted Image

GTHOM