SEC Football Articles
SEC Power Rankings - 11/4/12
1. Alabama - This author had questioned the difficulty of the Tide's schedule up to this point, however Bama went into the toughest environment in college football, was put on the ropes, and fought back to win in the final minutes. They've earned the #1 spot in the power rankings this week.
2. Georgia - Some folks around the SEC wondered whether the Dawgs might experience a "let down" performance at home against Ole Miss after an emotional win over Florida the week prior. No such let down was to be seen though, as the Dawgs manhandled Ole Miss in a game that Georgia had well in hand by the close of the 3rd quarter.
3. Florida - It wasn't as comfortable as the Gators would like, but they won it in the same fashion they've won every other game this year in - by playing solid defense and special teams. It wasn't real pretty but it's another dub and the Gators sit poised for a good bowl game.
4. LSU - Give the Tigers credit, not many folks thought they had a shot against Alabama, but for 58 minutes, that was their game. What happened in the final two minutes? Well, it looked like the defense got away from what they'd done the whole game to that point, and let Bama march down the field in three plays. Whatever the case, there were several questionable decisions made by the coaches that ultimately cost LSU the game.
5. Texas A&M - Get a big boost for beating the teetotal dog doo out of the MSU Bullies. Johnny Manziel has looked stellar for most of the season, and the Aggies are really surprising here in their first season in the SEC.
6. South Carolina - was on bye, prepping for Arkansas next week.
7. Mississippi State - Continues to fall down the power rankings after two straight big losses. The early season momentum has come to a grinding halt.
8. Vanderbilt - Put an unrighteous beatdown on Kentucky, that resulted in the inevitable firing of head coach Joker Phillips. It was that bad.
9. Ole Miss - Two straight victories had the Rebels feeling pretty good, but after their visit to Athens, the Black Bears are reminded that they're still young and re-building. The Egg Bowl still looms large.
10. Missouri - Played tough in the Swamp, but just couldn't stop turning the ball over. Can't do that and win in this league.
11. Arkansas - Even the easy ones don't come easy for the Hogs these days.
12. Tennessee - Couches all over Tennessee are thankful that the Vols pulled out the W at home over Troy.
13. Auburn - Took out some frustration on the hapless NMSU Aggies. Good for Auburn!
14. Kentucky - Has put up a mailbox out front of the #14 ranking, as they plan on staying awhile.